• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What was your second species.

What was your second species

• Milk snake

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • King snake

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Pine snake

• Gopher snake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rat snake

• Retic

• Burm

• Carpet

• Royal/Ball

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Blood

• Boa

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Anaconda

• Indigo

• Racer

• Whip snake

• Other (post what it was

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snakewispera snr

The Devils Advocate
i was wondering what everyones second species of snake was.
i have a theory that a lot of people choose Ball Pythons as their second step into snake keeping.
I've added a poll to try and keep score (sorry if I missed your second snake)
If I missed the one you got, post it in your answer.
cheers
MIKE

I'm going to mess up your theory - mine was a Surinam Red Tail Boa.....which I've since sold. :(

Since then, it's only been a Mexican Black King.

I'm not big on BP's; the body shape is too "thick" for me, and the prices are unrealistic. My two cents.

regards,
jazz

I don't even remember what I kept first or second or third or...

I kept a lot of garter snakes and ringnecks as a kid. But if we're talking about "serious" purchases, corns were first and kings were second. I've owned a lot of other species since, but never a BP.

Where's corn on that list? Not everybody keeps corns first lol.

Anyway, for me it was a royal python.

Roy Munson said:
I don't even remember what I kept first or second or third or...

I kept a lot of garter snakes and ringnecks as a kid. But if we're talking about "serious" purchases, corns were first and kings were second. I've owned a lot of other species since, but never a BP.
Great, my theory...:twoguns: blown out of the water,on the second post...
Time to start a new theory ..bahh..
MIKE

My Second snake was a corn while my first was a bull snake. :grin01:
I am just a huge boid person, my girl friend is and she has a few in her collection.

My second snake was my beloved Choco, a gift last year from a friend who bought too many snakes at Daytona and then just wanted to keep tri-colors, who said Chocolee, my sweet Chocs, was the meanest snake he'd ever met!! Whatever!!

Choco12_29_06085cr600.jpg

Sorry....

King Snakes - to help with the ummmm.. clean up :D And to terrorize the rodents, always amusing.

Rat Snakes - I love the look of the adult White Sided Black Rats and the gentle nature of the Bairds.

Western Hognose - they're just the cutest things ever!

Ball Python - not by choice, it was given to me, but very sweet.

Just corns for now but I selected King because I plan to get an MBK for my second.

Technically I had a Cali King as my first snake, but that didn't last very long. He didn't like me very much and I ended up giving him to Joe.
So my 2nd snake was really a cornsnake, but since things didn't work out with the Cali - I think of my 1st cornsnake as my first snake now....

So going off of that theory - my 2nd species would be Grayband Kingsnakes....

jazzgeek said:
I'm going to mess up your theory - mine was a Surinam Red Tail Boa.....which I've since sold. :(

Since then, it's only been a Mexican Black King.

I'm not big on BP's; the body shape is too "thick" for me, and the prices are unrealistic. My two cents.

regards,
jazz
Hey Jazz, I thought your EX was the second snake you got? :grin01:

tricksterpup said:
Hey Jazz, I thought your EX was the second snake you got? :grin01:
Well, she was cold-blooded, no doubt. But she had limbs.

Disqualified.
hehehmn.gif

regards,
jazz

lol. I only have a corn for now but I think that I'm going to try and get my paws on a hog island boa next. I like BPs but they just are to inactive for me and my friend has one so I can get my fix with hers. Of course the hoggies are such cute snakes that I might get one of those. Again just a corn for now.

I bought a common BCI as my second species (third snake) and I'v been hooked on boas ever since. I only keep dwarf localitys now though. Iv dabbled in a lot of species...

Kenyan sand boas, corns, black milk, western hoggies, locality boas, common boas, philodryas baroni and royal pythons.

Back