CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Cornsnake video - 6 meg file!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
Rich Z
Cornsnake video - 6 meg file!

Been playing around with some video stuff, and figured I would try this out with some corn snake pics. Put an audio track on it as well, which kind of helps the flow of the pictures, I think....

Old 01-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
What format are these videos you've been posting in? I can't ever view them.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
danvega
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat View Post
They don't immediately come up on my screen either; however, at the top of the window, a sliver of a box appears that reads something like "the website you are viewing is trying to run an add-on....click here to allow."--something with 'activex' and my security settings (I run Vista Business). After clicking the box, the 'red x' where the video is supposed to be disappears and the video/windows media controls are visible and useable.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Nanci
I had to switch to Internet Explorer to see it, and it takes a long time to load. Nice video, Rich!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Put an audio track on it as well, which kind of helps the flow of the pictures, I think....
You know what would really help the flow besides an audio tracke....a list of cast members....

Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat View Post
I believe it's in .wmv format which is windows based and if I recall correctly, you have switched to mac? Get flip4mac it's a program that allows you to play .wmv files. I'm able to view it here from work where I'm forced to use a Mac.

I'm not a fan of slideshow per se, but love the pictures!

D80

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Weebonilass
Well dang, I'm getting music, but no pictures just a green screen. And no,m there isn't a pop-up bar isn't asking me to install.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Rich Z
Yes, this is a .wmv format file. Not sure why some people can't view it, but don't know if another format would be better or not. I could try .avi and see if that works any better.....

Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
Rich Z
Well I tried rendering the video as an .avi file but it created a HUGE 590 megabyte file..... That won't work in this medium. I then tried .mpg format and came up with a 78 megabyte result. Still not feasible in a web environment.

Looks like those people who can't view .wmv formatted files will have to figure out why if they want to view these sorts of things.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
ShroomieGirl
very cool! you have some cute babies!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google