• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sydney's new home

Snake Dave

Schrödinger's cat
Hey everyone

As some of you may know, I'm getting a Carpet python tommorow! :dancer: I picked up my order from the Royal Mail depot and set to work.

To save me making another thread and spamming the site, I'll also use this thread to show pictures when I get it tommorow. :)

Thanks for looking!

David

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 66
Thank you both, me either!

I'm having some troubles raising the surface temperature though, I may have to remove some of the aspen. I've cranked it up to 92F on the thermostat (should be 87F on the warm side) and it's only 80, however it is still rising. I'll have to keep monitoring and altering it throughout the night.

Here she is!

Well everyone, she's (I checked her tail and by the looks of it, she's a female) here! She's currently checking out her tank (she loves her vines, no surprise there) :grin01:

She's so docile and lovely, yet alert, feeding well and very healthy; everything I could have hoped for.

So here are the pictures (my apologies for the fourth being out of focus), thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Sydney - close up.jpg
    Sydney - close up.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
Rich in KY said:
WOW She is beautiful!

It is snakes like this that make me think of expanding to more than just corns.

Thanks Rich! You should! There's a whole World full of snakes out there, and there's so much we can learn about each one. Not that restricting yourself to one species is a bad thing however, especially since that species is so diverse!

shed'n my skin said:
Nice pickup! I really like your setup - I think the snake does too!

Thanks Jen, I think so too! She was kept in a little lunchbox for the first month of her life so I'm sure she appreciates the room and the climbing space. After all, they were made for the trees. :)

brtrude said:
Dave shes beutiful. Nive on mate! how big will she grow??

Thanks mate! She'll max out between 4 - 6ft. Probably the upper end of the scale, because I think she's a female (not 100% sure but we'll go with that, by the shape of her tail etc.) :grin01:

Tula Montage said:
Aww what a pretty lass...

Thanks Elle :)

SNAKEWISPERA said:
Nice carpet dave.......AND SHE WAS NOT TAME WHEN SHE NAILING ME LMAO
Least the had work payed off

Thanks Joel. Is that a hypothetical situation for me or did she actually nail you, lol? But yeah, you're right, cheers :)

Thanks Wayne. :)

Ha ha Joel! How'd you know it was her, there were two babies in there and they both look pretty similar. Sydney was the calmer one, and the better feeder, so I chose her.

Nice one Dave......I hope it's a she..(I know for a really nice boyfriend for her...LOL)
If you want to know for sure we'll probe it for you....

Back