• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help Id This Motley

Once again, these are pastel motleys. Here is the original post by Rich, where he says it is a pastel motley.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44795&postcount=1

The other two pictures were taken by me at Daytona. The snake in the back is a pastel motley.

Once again, these snakes ARE in fact anerythristics. This is not a matter of opinion and it doesn't matter what anyone says they think these snakes are. You can ask all you want but it doesn't change reality.

Just for verification, I can say that I was there, too. My first impulse was disbelief that it could be an anery, but sure enough... I can also say that Rich did tell us that it is an anery motley. Very cool snake. It had those freaky coral/orange/pastel colors to it. Awesome individual. (The Miami mots, to me, are more red, have more defined saddles, and look like Miamis, not the weird coral strike-though we've been seeing in many anerys and snows recently.)

SERP if i'm wrong then I will say I'm sorry it is no big deal to be wrong Iam a man and can admit when I'm wrong.

Vinman said:
Serp I just wanted you to know just before comming on here agin I called Rich, well he told me just what he posted in post #124 You were rite hats off to you .You were Right and I was wrong . Like I said before I'm not afraid to say that I was total WRONG that was a pastel motley, and is realated to my amber motley project. agin you were right I AM SORRY for my bad coments twords you. LOL hope you know I mean it when I say I'm sorry vinny

I took thisfrom my other post so everybody can see it

Serpwidgets said:
Once again, these are pastel motleys. Here is the original post by Rich, where he says it is a pastel motley.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44795&postcount=1

The other two pictures were taken by me at Daytona. The snake in the back is a pastel motley.

Once again, these snakes ARE in fact anerythristics. This is not a matter of opinion and it doesn't matter what anyone says they think these snakes are. You can ask all you want but it doesn't change reality.

To avoid total confusion of any newbie minds, a pastel motley is technically a ghost motley with alot of pink/orange color. A ghost motley is a hypomelanistic anerythristic motley. Serp and Hurley are only using the term anerythristic (without the hypo/ghost part) to state that the snake(s) in question is NOT Miami (that is...normal).

And just to prove that even non-hypo anerythristics (non-ghosts) can have the pastel look, these are my ANERYTHRISTIC motley/stripe males:

Also to keep from confusing the newbies, know that not every breeder uses "pastel motley" to mean ghost motleys (although that is the accepted usage by the majority). I've also seen "pastel motley" = anery motley (with "pastel pink motley" for their ghost motleys). I've seen "pastel motley" for anery and ghost motleys from the same breeder who didn't know or couldn't tell an anery from a ghost motley.

When in search of a "pastel motley", know what YOU mean by it, then attempt to find out what THEY mean by it. It's not always the same. ;)

Thanks for the additional pics, Susan. These are another good demonstration of that odd coral color. :)

As far as "pastel" goes, I tend to avoid the word myself because everyone uses it differently... it tends to mean everything and therefore "means nothing." ;)

("as Hurley just said..." Beat me to the post again, LOL)

Susan, you should post your peach motley male pic ;) He is "Anery" too right? Now THAT is some crazy anery

I learn something new every day! I've not heard the term "pastel" used with anerys before, only with ghosts or, more often, with ghost motleys. I know it is a bit confusing when one person uses it to describe the pink saddles only, while another uses it to describe an over-all pink hue to the saddles AND ground color.

And since Dan requested it, here is my '04 ghost motley male (2 outdoor pics and one indoor with flash pic):

Susan that looks likea pastel motley. This one that rich has looks like a miami motley.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/pics/pastel_motley001.jpg

this snake is the one that I orignaly had the arguement with serp about this snake is not by any means a anery all the other photos are other mutations into anery this snake has too much black to be anything but a normal not enuff black to be a anery like I said this was the orginal animal we were argueing about tee me this looks like any of the sankes that all of you posted

Since rich tookaway the edit tab I got to post it all over

Susan that looks likea pastel motley. This one that rich has looks like a miami motley. I'm not saying it is I'm just saying it looks like one

this snake is the one that I orignaly had the arguement with serp about this snake is not by any means a anery all the other photos are other mutations into anery this snake has too much black to be anything but a normal not enuff black to be a anery like I said this was the orginal animal we were argueing about tee me this looks like any of the sankes that all of you posted

http://www.toms-reptiles.de/images/Corns/caramel.jpg

come on this looks like a anery?

Vinman said:
Since rich tookaway the edit tab I got to post it all over

Susan that looks likea pastel motley. This one that rich has looks like a miami motley. I'm not saying it is I'm just saying it looks like one

To me, this looks like a pastel motley (either ghost motley or anery motley). I can see why it could be confused with a Miami motley. But since I'm used to seeing that particular shade of saddle color in my ghosts and anerys, I would make ghost motley my first guess if I didn't already know what it is.

Vinman said:

http://www.toms-reptiles.de/images/Corns/caramel.jpg

come on this looks like a anery?
This doesn't look like an anery to me either. In fact, it doesn't even look like a "pure" cornsnake...looks like a weird hybrid of some type. I've not seen normal colored corns THAT particular color, but I know they can come in a wide variety of shades. If I were to call it anything, I would have to say that it's an artist's poor rendition of a corn snake taken strictly from written descriptions instead of actually having seen a cornsnake. That said, I'm out of this particular thread.

well; this is what started the whole thing on this thread

Serpwidgets
Genetics geek

Originally Posted by Vinman
Doing the same thing for 20 years does not make someone knowledgeable. (WRONG)

Your vast experience speaking and writing English clearly contradicts your assertion. End of story.
My online genetics tutorial , Dealing with INTJ's

my reply

Vinman
Vinman

Location: 3505 Bruckner Blvd. , apt. 4F, Bronx, NY 10461 Tel: 718-792-2593

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
Your vast experience speaking and writing English clearly contradicts your assertion. End of story.

serp you are so wrong you are talking out of you know where I just goffed of in school that is it. Now I did not have to use the spellings skilks in the plant industry or my reptile biz. I just had every body write most of my adds and letters. so the little that I learnd in school I did not use for years so you losse more kowlage. This site has gotten my spelling better a little at a time. So the fact that you thought that snake was a anery and it cleary was not then how can write a book on genitcets you could not tell that it was not a hybird ,and it clearly was You could not tell what points out that it was a hybird so that means that yoyu did not get the info for your book on exp .you just coppied it? it is very clear that if you cant tell a anery from a normal with bright red blotches then who dont know what they are talking about you may know about the scincetific terms and how to figgure out what percentage you can get with muliti hets, but if you cant tell a anery from a normal with bright red saddles then you do not have any business writeng a book on color morphs
Just because I dont spell has nothing to do with my herp skills . Before you throw stones at people houses remember your house is made of glass too

so ifanybody wants to knowthe whole story you can pick up tnhis thread at post 46 to save you some time if not read the whole thing

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20461&page=5&pp=10

Back