• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My New Corn

louiscypher

Hello im new to this and had my corn about 1 week and was after some help with identifying the type i have, i think its an Amel but could do with some input, i have attached an image (i think sorry about the quality had to use my phone) any help would be appreciated.

If it's an amel, it will have no black anywhere on it, and it will have red eyes. Does that sound like your snake?

no link noticed...............anyway, welcome to the forum and please check out the search feature and the FAQ's section for most of your questions........if you did a search of "amel" you might bring up some pics to compare yours to. welcome again.

yeah he's got no black on him at all had a good look around the site think i baffled myself !

Attachments

• monty1.jpg
    monty1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 120
Yeah, that's an amel. It COULD be a reverse okeetee, which is basically an amel with thick white borders. How old is it?

At a guess i would say 8 months, but thats a guess, I only got him last Monday through a friend so didnt get much background, he's about 1'8" long if that helps.

Welcome...! :cheers:

Yes, snakes will usually be more reclusive during the period they shed.
Afterwards, they are more active.

Thanks that answers another question about him hiding! any ideas what he is so far I have an AMEL and a Reverese Okeetee I thought he was an amel but my knowledge is limited!

louiscypher said:
Thanks that answers another question about him hiding! any ideas what he is so far I have an AMEL and a Reverese Okeetee I thought he was an amel but my knowledge is limited!
A reverse Okeetee is a selectively bred look of amelanistic corn snake. So it is true that your snake is an amel AND a reverse Okeetee.

Roy Munson said:
I don't know what you expected this thread to accomplish, but I'll bet that the result is that most who read it will be unlikely to reply to your questions at all in the future......

Roy Munson said:
A reverse Okeetee is a selectively bred look of amelanistic corn snake. So it is true that your snake is an amel AND a reverse Okeetee.

the man is turning into a Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Muson creature.......... :grin01:

*Darth Vader voice*..................use the links, louis. they actually do have alot of info in them. welcome again.

gwb8568 said:
the man is turning into a Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Muson creature.......... :grin01:
LOL. As some people here realize, Roy Munson and Dean Arnold are two different entities sharing a user name. It was Roy posting in that other thread. Dean's posting in this one. :grin01:

Roy Munson said:
LOL. As some people here realize, Roy Munson and Dean Arnold are two different entities sharing a user name. It was Roy posting in that other thread. Dean's posting in this one. :grin01:

yes..........much better. Dr. Munson/Mr. Arnold

Cheers for the replys (i went back and looked at the links again anyway figured it couldnt hurt) so its both an Amel and a reverse okeetee?? i think my head is going to explode!!

Amelanistic means that it lacks black pigment. Reverse okeetees are the amelanistic form of the Okeetee phase corn snake. All ROs are amels, but not all amels are ROs.

Back