• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

should i be worried?

xgrafcorex

Corn Spider
i saw this in a pic i took the other day
IMG_5142crop.jpg

IMG_5142s.jpg

maybe i should've mentioned i just helped this snake out of a partial shed. i used some soft paper towels with warm water and just firmly held it and let it work through..and for a few pieces still left before that part, i just rubbed against its side with the paper towel as well. its the first time its had any problems with a shed, though this is only its third with me.

thanks..i'll keep that in mind....any suggestions as to how to get a little piece of shedding stuck on the tip of its tail?

Repeat what you have done, try using a wash cloth or dish towel over the next few days. If left on the circulation could be cut off and the tip die off.

thanks again. luckily its a very tiny piece..but i still want to try to get it off there. i tried earlier with a paper towel but wasn't able to get the last bit. its only a few scales long and they are still very tiny on this one. i guess tomorrow i'll pick up a wash cloth and try with that.

If you don't get skin on the tip of their tail, they are likely to loose that part of of their tale. A little snip won't hurt them for life but it's pretty easy to get off if you get it wet and then let the snake crawl though paper towel that you are holding tight around it. You can just grab their tale over and over with the wet paper towel and it should could off. They co-operate pretty good with this because they don't like you hanging on to their tail so they will pull it out of the paper towel, this should peel off the little bit of skin. I've had to do this a few times and it's worked great.

i know this thread is pretty old...i haven't been around as much honestly. just wanted to let you all know that i have since corrected the problem and my snake is not only doing fine...has grown a decent amount and actually outgrown one of my other snakes on the same feeding plan!

IMG_5575s.jpg

IMG_1110s.jpg

IMG_1134s.jpg

Back