• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I already said my hello, Pickles turn now

egermann04

His name is Pickles. AFAIK he's a normal male.(It was a tough choice between either him or a miami) I just picked him up at the San Mateo show on Sunday. I can't wait to hold him and get better pics but I'm letting him get used to his new surroundings.
16hk8xi.jpg

2dahv90.jpg

His new home. He likes to climb up and squeeze inside of the vent and sit there between the vent and the mesh behind it
24pkyyv.jpg

I have sliding glass on the front of the enclosure and to make sure he doesn't squeeze through the glass I put tape across the opening til he gets big enough to not be able to squeeze through.(If he were to squeeze through and touch the tape it wouldn't be sticky cause I put another piece facing the sticky side in the middle of the tape, so the sticky part is just on the edges so it holds). His climbing up into the vent; Does that show that he likes to climb or is that more of a "wow a new place lets see where I can get out" kinda thing?

What a lovely little snake!
Personally I'd put more hiding places in there, (I use toilet paper tubes for the hatchlings, they feel secure in the small space and you can throw them away when they get soiled) and something to climb on, like fake greenery or my personal favourite, dodgy silk flowers from the drug store.

Yea that's what i was planning on doing but I deposited my check on Saturday and it still hasn't cleared for me to really be able to buy him anything except for the bare necessities as of right now which is really annoying, It should be cleared by morning and imma run to petsmart and a couple other places and get him some stuff to climb on and hide in. What would you suggest for wood for climbing that's on the easier side of cleaning? AFAIK you have to bake the wood for half an hour every I clean out the tank or is baking normally the only option?

Honestly, I've found the stuff sold in petshops to be a complete rip-off, which is why I go to the local cheapo shop and buy silk vines and greenery for £1. Snakes poop on their stuff, after a few washes it gets soiled so I replace it, without throwing away £10 or more's worth of 'reptile decor'! TP tubes and cardboard cartons cost nothing and your snake won't be thinking they look nasty, it'll be having fun exploring them! I know you can scrub tree branches with diluted bleach after removing the bark, I haven't baked them myself but as long as they're scrubbed then dried out well I wouldn't expect a major health-risk from them.

Alright, I'll take a look at the craft stores which sounds like a cool idea. I've been wanting to go to one cause my gf wants to make a hide for him out of sculpey clay which i think would be pretty cool, I've seen it in a few DIY on here maybe I can make something for him to climb on out of that too. Another idea i had was to try and use some of these;
http://www.petco.com/product/6393/PETCO-Wooden-Bird-Ladders.aspx?CoreCat=BirdFC_Ladders
which they're only about 2 dollars and when they're unsalvageable after so long just throw it away and buy another if I like how they are. I'll definitely check out some silk plants for him. I am into paintball maybe make a kinda paintball style set up out of tp tubes haha and make a fort on each side out of the tubes lol one on the warm and cool side(we have two bathrooms in the house they come pretty fast).Change it around as the ideas come I just hope it doesn't bother him to have his cage changed around often. Well you got my brainstorm started and I Thank you.

Haha Thank you, :) The day before I purchased him I looked at my girlfriend and asked if she wanted to name my snake that I was gonna get and she instantly had a name, I don't regret asking her though It makes her happy and he ended up with a good name lol

I got him from global captive breeders that were there from Rancho Santa Maragrita ca. They were the huge table in the back center that had all of the pre setup tanks for sale. He was only $15 which seems like a good price.

Back