• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

:( dried eggs

OMG! I haven't read this thread before. I'm glad I waited until there was a happy ending!! Good lesson for all of us.

Cute little guys! I'm glad they managed to hatch out. I would probably just leave the little amel.

Congratulations! I think the little Caramel would be a keeper if it were here too :)

I've just had a hatchling a little like the Amel, it looked like it should have shed and was a bit dry and crinkled (the rest of the clutch had shed a couple of days ago). I put it in a box with ventilation and a bundle of moist paper towels, checked back half an hour later and she had shed, so it may be worth a try if it doesn't shed in the next day or two.

Best wishes and I hope the other egg hatches for you, keep us posted :)

Wow! How long did you actually incubate them for? You said it had been four months. You were kidding, right?
Congratulations on your miracle babies. Snakes haven't been around this long without changing for no reason. They've been one of nature's perfections for a long time.

Thanks Rich, Nanci!

daneale777: not kidding at all, 4 months! I discovered the eggs on Feb 6th, and just found the hatchlings friday! They probably came out nearly a week ago (I've been checking about weekly) since they shed quickly. So, Feb, Mar, April, May, now June.
I looked it up and it seems 60-90 days is the standard hatch time... crazy!

Good advice Susielea and Jrgh17, the amel just shed. :)

I counted subcaudal scales on their sheds and both have slightly over 50, so maybe they're both girls! I'll try to pop them too, when they've settled down a bit just in case.

Thanks Rich, Nanci!

daneale777: not kidding at all, 4 months! I discovered the eggs on Feb 6th, and just found the hatchlings friday! They probably came out nearly a week ago (I've been checking about weekly) since they shed quickly. So, Feb, Mar, April, May, now June.
I looked it up and it seems 60-90 days is the standard hatch time... crazy!

Good advice Susielea and Jrgh17, the amel just shed. :)

I counted subcaudal scales on their sheds and both have slightly over 50, so maybe they're both girls! I'll try to pop them too, when they've settled down a bit just in case.

That is seriously insane!! May I ask what your incubation temps were? Maybe I missed it, but didn't see it mentioned before.
Gee, I guess I better not hold out any hope that my eggs (kept about 82-84 degrees) that are on day 55 are actually going to pip before my mommy snake (Zelda) lays her second clutch on Tuesday or so!!! Good thing I made room in my funny little homemade incubator; but barely.
Both of your miracle babies are really pretty. I hope you are right that they're girls. Are you thinking about keeping at least one? If resilliance and determination is genetic in corn snakes, you know you've got that in them!!
Wow. This is an inspirational outcome to share with people when they're feeling like they want to give up on something hard!

That's a beautiful Caramel! If you ever decide not to keep her/him, I call first dibs... :)
I applaud your tenacity in keeping the eggs and hoping for the best. Good Job!

Thanks, but, heck, I didn't actually have to *do* anything but leave them be ;)

Your snakes might hatch sooner; I didn't really "incubate" these eggs so much as put them in a box with moist moss on a shelf. The room stays at 75 degrees. Maybe that's why they took so long, but I've heard a lot of other people doing it this way, so I kind of doubt it.

I may keep the caramel... grad school's been kicking my butt so I need to be careful not to get too many snakes :/

Thanks, but, heck, I didn't actually have to *do* anything but leave them be ;)

Your snakes might hatch sooner; I didn't really "incubate" these eggs so much as put them in a box with moist moss on a shelf. The room stays at 75 degrees. Maybe that's why they took so long, but I've heard a lot of other people doing it this way, so I kind of doubt it.

I may keep the caramel... grad school's been kicking my butt so I need to be careful not to get too many snakes :/

Thanks for letting me know that. I'm sure if you decide not to keep the caramel, there will be people clammering at your door for her! She's so pretty, and I don't (or should I say DIDn't) even like caramels. At the least, you'll always have a really good story to tell!!

Back