• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rest in peace, my little Mo.

CraziiTii

Tyrannosaurus
I hate to have to post this, but my little boy Imhotep died last night.

He was perfectly normal on Thursday, but by Friday he was weak, and suddenly seemed extremely thin. He was the smallest of my babies even though he ate just as much as the bigger guys. I honestly have no idea what happened. His temps were fine, he's been eating normally, he's been drinking normally. When my little boy Horatio died, he had a very obvious infection - I just don't see any reason why Mo died. I feel like I must be doing something wrong; to lose two snakes in a few months time. I know the babies are vulnerable and I figured [even though I hated the thought] that at least one of my new little ones wasn't going to make it. I hope you don't think ill of me for their deaths.
As miss Lori Boz told me, "Let's just hope this disaster doesn't come in threes." I pray that it doesn't.

Rest in peace, my sweet little Mo. I miss you. :cry:

100_0174-1.jpg

100_0170-1.jpg

100_0182-1.jpg

Thats horrible I am sorry as well. I would get fecals done on your existing collection to rule out disease and catch it before anyone else becomes ill. Not always, but if your hubandry is correct dealhs that close together are usually disease related.

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate it.

Thats horrible I am sorry as well. I would get fecals done on your existing collection to rule out disease and catch it before anyone else becomes ill. Not always, but if your hubandry is correct dealhs that close together are usually disease related.

Well, when Horatio died it was before I even got the new babies, but you make a good point - I'll see about getting all the others checked; I can't stand to lose another one right now. Thank you.

You have my deepest condolences at the loss of your beloved Imhotep. Often, you never find a reason for the death of a hatchling. You simply have to accept that it happens and that you have done nothing wrong.

So sorry to hear it. :( I just lost a little one too, it's heartbreaking, especially when you can't figure out what happened.

Good thoughts in you and your babies's direction.

Thank you all SO much for your kindness. I know you all understand how hard losing an animal is - no matter how small. When you grow attatched, it's always difficult.

*hugs* Poor baby Mo. Such beautiful pictures. Sorry to hear of your loss. :( I am the type of person who gets attached very easily. I even get upset when my fish die.

Kachine Kolgon

I just saw this. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP, Mo. May Robbie be right, and good fortune bless you threefold.

Back