• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Addition On The Way!!

So I am going to have to put the 10 and 5gal's on a stand...and then the 20gal long that this guy is coming in will fit on the counter top :D
I know I said I don't have a TON of extra room around here, but I couldn't pass this up!
$75 for the 5 yo. Amel Cornsnake
Owner says it's a "he" but not sure how he determined it.
Comes with the 20L, screen top, couple of hides, water dish, and UTH.
His living quarters need a slight remodel, as his hides are both at one end, and I personally think his water dish is a bit small....that and I will switch him to aspen bedding....
ANYWAYS....Here are the pics from the owner...I will be picking him up a week from this coming Friday!

corn1.jpg

corn2.jpg

corn3.jpg

Super excited..."his" name is Porter.......not sure if I'll keep that name though....

-Josh

Ya know Andrew...you make a good point..I'll have to get some better pics when I get him...

Nite for now...took the night off work :D

-Josh

Courtesy of South Mountain Reptiles:
Here is a picture of a Sunglow...
And the description:
"These amelanistic have striking orange color contrast with little or no white margins. Most of ours have NO white as adults. "

THIS IS THE SUNGLOW FROM SMR:
sg355.jpg

THIS IS THE CORN I AM GETTING:
corn1.jpg

ANYONE ELSE SEE A RESEMBLANCE?

Thanks for any help!
-Josh

Courtesy of South Mountain Reptiles:
Here is a picture of a Sunglow...
And the description:
"These amelanistic have striking orange color contrast with little or no white margins. Most of ours have NO white as adults. "

. . .

ANYONE ELSE SEE A RESEMBLANCE?

Thanks for any help!
-Josh

Props to me for first recognizing this! :D

(J/K of course! I'm only excited that I pointed something out that wasn't completely wrong or stupid of me! I'm learning! Haha!)

i don't think this guy is a sunglow.. most adult amels lose most of their whites as the grow older, and the contrast between the orange and red just isn't enough on this one..

Beautiful corn though.

I was told by someone...a member on here who is damn near a cornsnake genius :D
That if it's eyes are red, IT MAY BE a Sunglow....but if the eyes have darker colors and there are any dark colors on the belly that IT MAY BE a Hypo....I will just have to get some better pics after I get him....

And I'm not saying your are wrong, but I haven't ever seen an Amel that loses ALL of it's white....but again, I could be wrong...

Back