• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Email bombing....

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've been getting a few server error messages lately having to do with email that my server guy has been looking into. It appears the server is under some sort of email bombing attack through one or more accounts on this server. Fortunately the firewall and spam blocks are taking care of most of the crap, but it is still putting a load on the server. This is my server guy's specialty, as he is the one who pulled FaunaClassifieds out of the fire during that DDoS attack a while back, so he's on top of it.

But in the meantime, I may have to disable email from my various message boards to try to reduce the overall loading on the server through the mail engine. This will disable all email functionality, including reporting posts, and inter-member emails, but unfortunately this needs to be done.

Sorry about that, but apparently someone(s) has a grudge against this site and/or me....

Gotcha! I'll tend to always look at the Moderator's forum when I log on anyway so reported posts won't go for too long without being addressed. And anyone wanting to contact me has many other ways to do so at their disposal. Hope your miracle worker can fix the problem without any major hassles! You sure don't need any more headaches with freedom so close you can almost touch it!

I'm clearing out the inbox on my server now for one of my accounts. Got 28,000 garbage emails there. My server guy is now blocking most of the stuff at the firewall level.

I think there is some misplaced anger from someone that thinks you are a snake OIL salesman. :realhot:

I believe it is more likely from some clown who got his fingers caught in the cookie jar over on the Board Of Inquiry and resents my having a place where such shenanigans get exposed to the public light.

I just noticed today that I am still getting emails notifying me when I have received a private message. But no emails today about additions to threads I am participating in. Is that due to the problem you just mentioned, or is it something else?

Back