• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

activating Tapatalk?

i was just wondering if there are any plans in the future to activate Tapatalk for cornsnakes.com forums. it's an app for smartphones that lets you access the forums, PM's, etc. its a much more simplified version (no avatars, etc), so it's much easier to view than simply using safari or other web browsers on other smart phones. i am using it for another forum, and so far i LOVE it, and i think others would love it too!

i believe all that has to happen is the Forum Administrator needs to activate it from vBulletin. i don't think it costs anything, either, as it comes with vBulletin software.

i think it's worth looking into, anybody else?

That would be cool!

But you know what would be even better? A CS.com app for the iPhone... I would be so excited I wouldn't know what to do with myself! But I can dream, can't I? :rolleyes:

oooooh that would be amazing! i think tapatalk would be the next best thing they could give us, and it would be free, too! (like i said, free as far as i know)

you can view pictures and post them and everything with tapatalk! i <3 my iphone

that would be very cool, cause accessing the forums from my Pearl is an exercise in futility...

lol i know what you mean, i used to have a blackberry and i found them SO hard to navigate sites on! especially sites where the login boxes were really small

I did discuss this with my programmer, and he said he only has one client with it installed, but doesn't know anything about it, nor can he support it, as he doesn't have a cell phone compatible with it.

That would be a problem here as well, as I could not help anyone who had any problems with it, as I just don't use a cell phone to access the internet.

Another issue that arises, is that everytime you introduce new code into a publicly accessible program, you introduce the likelihood of providing vulnerabilities to hackers to take advantage of to access and take control over the server. Consequently, I don't take it lightly when I consider putting more code online with my sites without a lot of introspection.

My programmer also mentioned that he has installed similar routines in the past that quickly became obsolete as newer cell phone technology outstripped the ability of the program code to stay current. It sounded to me that it would be extremely expensive and a major headache to try to stay current and compatible with every new fad cell phone to come down the pike. Being compatible with a few of them would have those people using non-compatible devices irritated at that fact, and guess who they would be coming to with their complaints?

Maybe I'm just being stodgy and old fashioned, but quite frankly, I just can't see much reason to try to access the full capabilities of the internet on anything less than a full sized laptop screen. Heck, I'm using a 26 inch 1920x1200 flatscreen monitor right now, and I think a BIGGER one would be even better.

But that's just me, I guess....

Oh, and I certainly hope no one is trying to access the internet while they are DRIVING. If you are, please don't drive on any roads I am on, as I am getting right irritated at seeing people weaving all over the road as they play around with their cell phone.

Oh, and I certainly hope no one is trying to access the internet while they are DRIVING. If you are, please don't drive on any roads I am on, as I am getting right irritated at seeing people weaving all over the road as they play around with their cell phone.

It's illegal here to use any data device while driving, gets you a ticket and a hefty fine! Not just cell phones but any electronic device.

Back