• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Creamsicle Stripe!

Pooleh

Happy new snake owner!
Here are some pictures of my first snake! Isn't she such a beautiful snake!?

Attachments

• corn1.JPG
    corn1.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 191
  • corn2.JPG
    corn2.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 192
  • corn4.JPG
    corn4.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 192
  • corn6.JPG
    corn6.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 192
Zoo Girl she is a very curious snake, although as I type this she is hidden under her bedding somewhere lol. The store that I got her from said that they handled her all the time and she was always great. I had her out for a few today and she was crawling all over me just checking me out.

First feed at home!

Today I had my first feed with my Creamsicle. It was interesting, in most of the feeding vids I've seen the snake almost always strikes at the mouse. I wiggled the thawed mouse in front of her a bit and she didn't take it. As soon as I sent it down she ever so gently started eating it. She was so gentle lol. I also noticed that for about 15 min after I put her back into her viv she was climbing around like crazy. She even stuck her head in her water dish and gulped down some water :) Here are some pics, let me know what you think and does her bulge look about the right size (pic 3 right there by her head)? I want to make sure I keep giving her the correct size mice (she got this one down very easily).

Attachments

• Cornfeed1.JPG
    Cornfeed1.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Cornfeed2.JPG
    Cornfeed2.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Cornfeed3.JPG
    Cornfeed3.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Cornfeed4.JPG
    Cornfeed4.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Cornfeed5.JPG
    Cornfeed5.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 113
I come back and no comments, whats going on here! ;) JK figured I'd do a shameless bump, I would really like some input as to how you all think this feed went.

Haha, everyone needs a bump every once in a while lol... looks like the right size mouse and if you get sick of the snake, let me know ;)

Somehow I don't think I'll ever get tired of her, maybe for lots and lots of money so I could put together a big fancy room dedicated to corns :D. Although she is my first so it would be pretty hard to give her up.

beautiful cream stripe! I bought one a few years ago as a hatchling, and 30ish snakes later she's still probably my favorite!

That is exactly the way my snow eats! Very gentle and doesn't strike at all so that I believe is normal.

For an answer to your question on the food, if you cannot see a lump after 24 hours you can increase the size of the feeding.

I am no expert, and do not claim to be one :) But, I also weigh my prey items. If I don't see much of a lump after a feeding then I try to move up 1 g. in the mouse size for the next one. I don't really go by pinkie,fuzzy,hopper ect. So like now one of my corns is on 7g. mice but this last feeding the lump wasn't very noticeable so the next feeding will be 8g. Hope this helps.

Back