• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Updated pics of my first hatchlings. DUW

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Here is Cache, the last one to hatch. I've decided to keep him, whatever gender it turns out to be.
100_0406.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_0411.jpg

100_0413.jpg

Then Camas. None of them were very fired up today.
100_0416.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0420.jpg

100_0424.jpg

I'll be adding more pics of the others as I get them cropped and onto Photobucket.

Bannock. It has a very interesting pattern that is hard to catch with the camera. It's flecked with pattern all over, looks almost like mica or something.
100_0426.jpg

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

100_0434.jpg

Then Blaine.
100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0441.jpg

100_0442.jpg

Then here are a few of Arco. I took some of Arimo but they were all out of focus.
100_0446.jpg

100_0447.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0453.jpg

Thanks! These guys are so little and like to be moving, that it is really hard to get a good picture.

And here are a bunch of pictures of Arimo. My mom took a lot of these.
021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

Then here are the ones I took.
015.jpg

017.jpg

Grandma holding Arimo. My mom likes these way better than most of the snakes.
031.jpg

032.jpg

Think I saw pores on Arco, so he might be a male. Based on the spectacular photography of some of the other members of the gecko forum, from the shape and spacing of it's scales, I have the feeling Arimo is female. But it's way too little still to say that with any certainty.

Tried to get some new pictures of the hatchlings with the (newer) camera that I still haven't figured out how to use. So far, only these two of Arco were much good, have to play a bit with the others and see if they can be improved. Arco was just about fully fired in these and the pictures are actually fairly color true on my monitor. I find it really difficult to catch any of the reds true fired up colors.
DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

Had a humidity issue with Arco's cage, unfortunately during his shed cycle, then missed the stuck shed on his tail tip until it was too late, so he is losing the tip of his tail. Hopefully it will be just the tip and not the whole tail.

Here are a few of Cache that were able to be improved. Nobody but Arco were fired in any of these. None of the ones of Camas turned out. Cache is my keeper.
Cache.
DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

Arimo.
DSCN0613.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

Blaine.
DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

Bannock.
DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

Arco for sure is going to be a pretty, deep red. I think Blaine is going to look just like him, his red is coming in good too. Bannock right now looks like he'll be more of a rusty red. I have no idea what Camas is going to look like, he almost never fires up and when he does, it's a light tan, otherwise he stays a chalk color. But baby reds are the hardest to judge, from what I understand, they change so much and pretty much all patternless/bi-colors hatch out red whether they'll be red or not, and then change to their adult colors over the next few months.

Those are sooooo adorable!
I love their HUGE eyes and little feet.

I want a Gecko, but the gf has put a cap on new types of animals. I guess that having a basement with 20+ snakes is supposed to be enough to satisfy me!

Yeah, my husband is okay with staying at three snakes for now. He said maybe in the future I could get a crestie. I think he'll come around. He loves animals. :D

New pictures

Here are a few of Cache and Camas. Camas actually fired up a lot yesterday, more than the pictures show. Looks like he might go red too.

Last edited:
Back