• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eating mice backwards

losmetros

"Denny Crane"
I don't know if this has ever happened to any of you. I heard it is rare, but one time like last year my corn decided to eat his full grown mouse backwards. It was really strange it took him over 15 Min's to get it down. I found it intriguing. i wanted to have him stop and like eat it right, but i wasn't sure what to do. he seemed fine afterward. this ever happen to anyone else?

Not rare by any means. Seems some actually prefer to eat this way. I have a few in my collection that eat tail first nearly every feeding.

Q

Don't seem to have any pics of my corn doin it...but she does from time to time....

But I do have some of my other little guy. He doesn't seem to care which way it's going down, just as long as it's going. He's quite the eager little eater.

FirstFeeding.jpg

buttfirst.jpg

These are a rare morph of corns call "Buttmunch" corns :grin01:. Both of my corns have done this on occaision. Doesn't seem to bother them at all. Just a little bit odd.

Bobo's Mama said:
These are a rare morph of corns call "Buttmunch" corns :grin01:.

I have one of those!!!! Wow, I thought she was "just" a crimson, but it turns out she is a rare Buttmunch. NICE! How much do those go for? LOL Really, she eats almost every mouse butt first - she is a funny girl!

In my previous life as a boa owner - Guyana Red Tail - he would usually take at least a full size rat each quarter backwards. He always started at the head as you would expect, but would release for some reason and restart at the other end. :shrugs:

Just my 2 cents.

My yellow rat ate a full grown backward when she was in blue, she couldn't see it right I guess.... it looked very difficult and I had to help a bit pushing in the back paws because the kness gut stuck on the sides. She wouldn't let me but I had to, couldn't see it any longer!

Blutengel said:
My yellow rat ate a full grown backward when she was in blue, she couldn't see it right I guess.... it looked very difficult and I had to help a bit pushing in the back paws because the kness gut stuck on the sides. She wouldn't let me but I had to, couldn't see it any longer!
hehe i can imagine that was a little harder considering it was full grown

Back