• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A very pearly lass...

Tula_Montage

It's Jager time!
This is Griet (Pearl in Dutch and also the name of the peasant girl who worked in the house of painter Johannes Vermeer).

She has finally passed 100 grams and is eating every 5/6 days. It's taken almost a year for her to get out of the "maintanence routine" so while she is now willing to eat reguarly, I'm going to bulk her up a bit.

Taken at first light in front of my bedroom window
windowfeb.png

windowfeb2.png

windowfeb3.png

Shot at dusk in the same location. You can see the flash makes a big difference in these shots as it casts a purple hue to her.
windowfeb4.png

windowfeb5.png

windowfed4.png

Elle i always get jealous looking at your snakes, your going to have to stop posting such beautiful pictures

Well, I wasn't toally happy with these shots. I didn't use the macro lens and I didn't like the light glare on the window. A lot of people requested full body shots instead of artsy fartsy macro shots so i guess I had to comply...

Thanks again everyone!

Well, I wasn't toally happy with these shots. I didn't use the macro lens and I didn't like the light glare on the window. A lot of people requested full body shots instead of artsy fartsy macro shots so i guess I had to comply...
What crazed, half-wits would have requested that? ;) She looks great any way you shoot her, Elle.

She's outstanding! Funny, I was just wondering about her, thinking it was about time for an update.

At the mention of "pearly lass" I thought you had a gravid corn! Aw well, a few more years for this little girl.

Well perhaps I will have a gravid lass soon enough ;)

Griet is finally starting to make noticeable progress, and shes chunking up nicley. I aim to have her a minimum of 400-500 grams for the 2010 breeding season, no rush :)

Thanks guys :) Shes went all fugly and brown cause shes coming up for a shed. It's very easy to tell with her, surprisingly.

Back