• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new Corn!

Suzy

Shazoooooo!
Hey, everyone! I just wanted to post some pictures of my new corn. He is my first snake, and is a Classic Motley. He's said to be an '07, but he looks to be on the small side. (He's 16" - I haven't gotten a weight yet, but I will later tonight or tomorrow.) Here are some pictures!

2568074391_cef5aa422a_o.jpg

2568074329_2e5959055f_o.jpg

2568898182_20652f895e_o.jpg

2568898108_95418176da_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awww! What a cutie! I also like your idea with the paper roll and sock, It seems as if it would make a perfect hide! :)

He's adorable! If you were told he was an 07 I'm sure he is, you'd be suprised how many of us still have tiny 07's.

Awww! What a cutie! I also like your idea with the paper roll and sock, It seems as if it would make a perfect hide! :)

Thanks! I think I actually read about the hides here. It took him a little while to figure them out (I got him from a place that didn't have any hides in the viv - it was just a bowl of water.), but since I showed him the cool side hide, he figured out how to use them. I fed him for the first time yesterday, and most of the day he was under the sock, but now he's in the sock digesting. :)

He's adorable! If you were told he was an 07 I'm sure he is, you'd be suprised how many of us still have tiny 07's.

really? well, that's reassuring. :) He's 16" long, and I couldn't really get an accurate weight from my scale (it measures only in pounds/ounces and kg/g, but the grams are in 10s, so I wasn't really sure.), but it said he was 4 ounces. I don't think that's right, so i'm planning on looking around for another scale. :)
How big is your '07?

really? well, that's reassuring. :) He's 16" long, and I couldn't really get an accurate weight from my scale (it measures only in pounds/ounces and kg/g, but the grams are in 10s, so I wasn't really sure.), but it said he was 4 ounces. I don't think that's right, so i'm planning on looking around for another scale. :)
How big is your '07?

4oz is over 100g, so no thats not right. Mine is just now only 24g, he came to me in december at 7g.
I'm pretty sure Nanci has a few under 15g as well.

4oz is over 100g, so no thats not right. Mine is just now only 24g, he came to me in december at 7g.
I'm pretty sure Nanci has a few under 15g as well.

That's what I thought. The scale I have right now is for mail, and it's a lousy quality scale. I would try and tare out the bowl I was weighing him (a deli cup), and when I put him it, it would try to tare it out again. When I took the deli cup off, it would be in the negative and then tare out again. I'm going to look for a better scale soon. I'd really like to know how much he weighs so I can go by the Munson Plan or something similar to it. (At least for the time being.)
Don't they typically average at about 300 - 500 as adults? I was thinking if he was already 100+ grams, he's hiding it pretty well! :) I think he's probably close to that - 15 - 25 grams.

The sock hides are freakin adoreable!

I thought I read about them here. It was at some forum. I figured they were extremely cheap, and the socks can be re-used after being soiled. My snake absolutely LOVES them. He'll hide under the socks sometimes, but most of the time, he's inside of them.

He is no longer with us, but he was about 2 years old. I like the sock/tube idea, Im sure that its quite a secure feeling hide. :D

I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Thank you. Yeah, he didn't know what a hide was when I first got him. I guided him to the cool side hide the day after I got him (Sunday), and he was in there until Monday. I fed him on Monday, and he was in the warm side hide until today. I saw him cruising around this afternoon. :) I also have a little cave in the middle if he decides he wants another hide.

Back