• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My First RenFaire! Pictures!

whippet

Tara
So I went on a date this weekend...with an incredible woman who had the great taste to take me to my first renfaire. It was fun and i got some great photos of the jousting...thought I would share. Nothing like a clydesdale in full canter. Anyone else been to one? This was was in Maryland...and this was the last weekend so it was crowded, but very interesting. Lots of great stuff to buy if you had lots of money. The turkey legs were a bust, but man the nuts were great. Okay...I admit it. I am a dork.

the signs tickled me
rennfair002.jpg

Tra La La
rennfair004.jpg

Great Horse
rennfair005.jpg

Go Go Go!
rennfair009.jpg

rennfair010.jpg

My daughter has been going. She was/is? there today for the last day. She wanted to get her money out of the corset she bought.

ooooh! I love the Maryland Renaissance Fair!! I moved to Boston a year ago and the MD Renfair was one of the things I miss most about the area!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first fair!!

I love RenFaire's. There is one in my area that I go to every year. A couple of people I know are actors there, one is the villian. He carries a bull whip. There are a lot of interesting things and people. I am so glad you had fun!

*grins* Thanks for the compliment, Tara.

I'm very glad you enjoyed Renn Fest. It is in my esteemed opinion one of the better events in the area (from a long list of good events) and I try to go at least two or three times a season. And the company this time was the best in quite some time. ;)

I've been to the Maryland Ren Faire a couple of times. I love it! I haven't ever gotten to watch the jousting though. Did you go into the booth with the leather clothes? I got to try on some of it last time we went. And please tell me you watched Shakespeare Skum!

*grins* Thanks for the compliment, Tara.

I'm very glad you enjoyed Renn Fest. It is in my esteemed opinion one of the better events in the area (from a long list of good events) and I try to go at least two or three times a season. And the company this time was the best in quite some time. ;)

*wink wink*

I've been to the one in Arizona several times. I belong to the group that hangs out at Bristol in Wisconsin, although I've not been there in several years. In a weird twist, I've yet to make it to the one in St Louis, how weird is that... strange... strange... strange.

I love the atmosphere, but with the snakes, the horses and dancing... I really don't have time for another expensive obsession :)

i love going! taking photos of everything and the horses. i cant wait for next year! heres 2 photos out of 100's. and next year i have a better cam to take photos with so i cant wait!

100_2394.jpg

100_2361.jpg

It looks like you had a great time. I wish we had something like that around here. If we did I'd SO drag my daughters to it.. Glad you all had a good time.

I LOVE the Ren Faire! I have gone for about four years now - and I have a blast every time! I took my boyfriend to his first one just two weekends ago, and he loved it too. But for some reason I can't talk him into wearing a costume... :)

Glad to see you had fun! The jousting is always awesome!

Oh yeah, we try to go every year to the one near Charlotte, NC--we love it!! Any excuse to dress up, you know? I bought my two favorite rings there, one replaced my wedding band because that one was so, well, boring and this one is so, well, COOL! It's a puzzle ring. My husband thought that was just fine, he doesn't even wear a ring anyway! lol Anyway, two photos from several years ago--our daughter, Liana, is the one in the red Inuyasha costume.

Attachments

• 007_030.JPG
    007_030.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 015_22A.JPG
    015_22A.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 36
Back