• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

It possible?!

James_pie

I know this may sound a bit off and stupid, but I was wondering if it's genetically possible for a blue color code on corn snakes or any snakes for that matter? LOL
It would be so sick eh

I think i'm corret in saying that it is possible for blue to be aparent in some snakes.I have seen photos of green tree pythons in a state of blue colouring, but these colours are produced by iritophores which reflect light rather than skin pigments.

yeah there are blue snakes, like florida blue garter snakes, and san francisco garter snakes have blue stripes too.

There'sthis:
http://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/9547/wm/pd985290.jpg
Malaysian blue coral snake or somthing.

I have seen hormonal and ontogenic blue green tree pythons (I am obviously copying those terms!). See some here:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...monal+blue+green+tree+python&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

There are blue beauty ratsnakes (like taiwans) but they're more a slate grey, than bright blue.

Erm other snakes I've found are banded sea kraits and rhinocerous vipers which both have blue on them.

Combining dilute and anery is currently the closest thing to a blue corn to date. Give us 10-20 years, and we'll get it bluer!

Last edited:
Back