• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

T.V. Stand Conversion

knox

Just another DIY enclosure...

Before:

003.jpg

During:

SnakeEnclosure003.jpg

SnakeEnclosure004.jpg

SnakeEnclosure005.jpg

SnakeEnclosure007.jpg

cage001.jpg

cage003-1.jpg

After:

FinishedCage003.jpg

FinishedCage018.jpg

Great job!!!

I'm just wondering how you heat it? Do you heat with the light only or did you slap a UTH under there or heat it some other way?

Light only. With a 60 watt bulb, I get about 75 cool / 85 hot as you see in the pic. With a 40 (which I have switched to) I get about 70 cool / 80 hot.

The snake spent most of its time on the cool side with the 60 watt bulb, which prompted the change to the 40.

To add to my previous post, I know the suggested temps for Nelson Milks is between 75 and 85, but I am looking to see what the snake does with the 40 watt.

Even when digesting, the snake would be on the cool side, so I am thinking the 85 degree side might have been a bit too warm for her liking.

Trial and error. I like to adjust things per individual animal as to what it seems to prefer.

Thanks for answering! I really like it and with the stand, it looks even better.

Man, I wish I were as creative or "capable". LOL. I'm trying to build an adult corn rack and I'm having a devil of a time with it!! LOL.

Just keep making your mistakes. I have learned a TON from mine, and each time I build something it is better than the last.

This was my most ambitious project a few years ago - a 3 level display cage. I ended up selling it because it was just too big for my space. I would love to do something like this again, with improvements of course...

Enclosuremike.jpg

CagePlants.jpg

Nice resourcefulness. :D
Its good to see some other people out there who still like to tear things apart and make them better.

Back