• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My breeding plans for '10

Carinata

Ever Evolving Exotics
So this is my first year breeding snakes. I am not going to brumate. I don't have the facilitys to brumate. I am going to start saving the sheds from both the male and female. I am also going to do the misting thing during breeding. I will be pairng
'05 Anery Corn Unknown hets. 350g X '06 Anery Blood Het Amel, 66% Het Hypo 50% het stripe.
Does anyone have any tips on getting breeding going WITHOUT brumation. I am also beefing the female up. This pairing is going to be the start of my blood red project.
ANY AND ALL TIPS WILL BE APPRICIATED!

You don't have to brumate at all. Corn snakes breed like alley cats. The advantage to brumating is that you will have a better idea of when the females are ovulating (and in theory, it can increase fertility rates/clutch sizes) Anyway, good luck with your future breedings.

Scott

Don't you mean this is the start of your anery blood project? You cannot get bloods from that pairing as both parents are homo anery.

Don't you mean this is the start of your anery blood project? You cannot get bloods from that pairing as both parents are homo anery.

I agree with this statement. I'm not sure how far this project could go without knowing the hets. of the first snake listed. It may not be het. for anything, or it may be het. for something the second snake is not het. for, and if that's the case, you wouldn't ever know it until you actually breed it with something with simular genetic traits.
As for brumation, as mentioned already, brumation isn't necessary to get your snakes to breed.

Well I would get HET bloodreds. Then that is the start of my work with bloodred and my focus on granites

Yes, but you have the anery gene present (homozygous) in both parents. Meaning your line will inevitably carry anery homozygously UNTIL you out cross them to normals or blood reds in which you will get just hets and poss hets after the 2nd generation.

There's no getting away from that unless you breed your granite to a normal to get het anery bloods. Then you can perhaps get away from the anery gene through poss hets if that's not the road you want to go down...

Sounds to me like a lot of work LOL.

Ok Elle I see now. Well Granites are my goal! So I am pretty happy. I will have granites until I breed the trait out. Hopefully I will get a bloodreds before then to make some more bloods.

Well Granites are my goal! So I am pretty happy. I will have granites until I breed the trait out. Hopefully I will get a bloodreds before then to make some more bloods.

A female that is het Anery and Bloodred wouldn't be a bad addition either...;)

Back