• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

WOW, did I ever get lucky...

Emily1188

Smells Like a Rat
So, I was away for the weekend. No big deal, give the snakes lots of fresh water, check the temps one last time, and I'm good to go.

I come back today and go to give Lafayette, my relatively newly acquired gold dust mot his new water dish... and lo and behold, his viv is WIDE OPEN, gaping at me. This means it's been that way since FRIDAY!

:eek1:

I turn the whole viv practically upside down, of course, nothing. I'm totally panicking, because he could be across the hall in another room for all I know. I start turning over everything near the viv in a blind frenzy, trying to think of all the many dark, warm spaces a 14g snake can fit into, when through the bottom of a tub I store food supplies in I see a little cream and gold dotted tail... GOT HIM.

I got soooooooo lucky. A whole weekend on the lam and he was not two feet from his viv. The little guy is totally unharmed, just a little thirsty, and extremely pissed about the way I manhandled him, thanking me with tail rattle.

All I can say is, HOLY CRAP, did I get lucky.

Wow, you lucked out. It's the worst feeling to realise one of your snakes is gone. I'm glad you found him so fast!

Wow, you lucked out. It's the worst feeling to realise one of your snakes is gone. I'm glad you found him so fast!

It is SUCH a bad feeling... It made my minor tension headache sky rocket; I'm still spinning from it.

Wonder what I did to deserve such luck...

Oh, wow! I know how that feels. I had a baby get out and didn't notice until I realized she hadn't redecorated her tub (a daily thing for her) in at least 3 days. I'm so glad you found him so quickly! =)

Whew! Congrats on the quick rescue! I wonder how much touring he'd done before you found him.

oh my goodness congratulations on a fast recovery and thank god you didn't have a heart attack in the process

LOL... I know all about that "sinking feeling" when you see a tub partially open or a lid not closed all the way... Oh, yeah....

Congrats on catching the little escapee!!! :)

Emilly1188

I did that once with my youngest son's RO, over night as well, some how I was the only one to notice I had done it....... and talk about lucky.....Aphrodite didn't even come out of her hide!!!!

Man did I breathe a sigh of relief...and keep it a secret!

LOL... I know all about that "sinking feeling" when you see a tub partially open or a lid not closed all the way... Oh, yeah....

Congrats on catching the little escapee!!! :)

And the equally elated high you feel when you first spot the little bugger!
I love happy endings.:crazy02:
Terri

Wow what luck!! =] As far as a missing snake goes, thats the absolute BEST turnover you could hope for.

May I ask where the name came from? Cause it's just making me want to watch True Blood really badly. DDD:

May I ask where the name came from? Cause it's just making me want to watch True Blood really badly. DDD:

Spot on!!! Yep, Lafayette from True Blood is his name sake, as he's a gold dust corn and Lafayette has those fabulous gold pants...

Wanna come over and watch True Blood? :D

Spot on!!! Yep, Lafayette from True Blood is his name sake, as he's a gold dust corn and Lafayette has those fabulous gold pants...

Wanna come over and watch True Blood? :D

OMG!! Hahahaha! I wasn't sure if my guess was right or not!! Hahaha! Omg I love love love True Blood almost as much as I love snakes. XD It's just as addicting. Unfortunately I don't have HBO so I hafta wait for the Season 2 to come out on Dvd. D: D: I can't wait!!!!!!

If I could, I'd be over there right now to watch it. XD
:crazy02:

You are very lucky indeed! Glad to see you found your little escapee so fast. I bet he had a fun/terrifying experience.
I have forgotten to completely secure the lid to my snake's vivarium before and panicked slightly.
But look on the bright side, it could be much worse.

Back