• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New 08 Female Amel!

Ok, so a while back I had come into some hard times and had to sell off my collection...and it sucked. It more than sucked.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT........I FINALLY got another corn today! She is an 08 Amelanistic Female. (If you ask me, it's highly possible she is a Hypo...what do you think?) I don't have a weight on her yet, my little brother bummed my scale for his BP, but I'm getting it back tomorrow. Approximate length based on SerpWidgets Snake Measurer is 2ft 8in.
SHE IS A BEAUTY! (That's right, I'm not even waiting for yall to tell me! LOL)
For those of you who remember my first corn snake ever "Crush", you'll see they look fairly similar, but Crush had more white. Couldn't my new one Crush 2....so her name....is.....FAYGO :)

Anyways, poor thing is in a 10 gallon until next week. The hides I have are too big for 2 of them in the tank...but this is her temporary setup, and honestly, while lacking it's still better than some I have seen :sidestep:
Next Monday, she gets a 20L and her other hide.
It's got Aspen bedding, hide(s), fake plants, water dish, UTH on a rheo, Accu-Rite Digital Thermo/Hygro w/Probe.
I'll jazz it up when I moved her to the 20L, but for now it's pretty basic.

Enough yackin'...here are the pic's...

Tank1.jpg

Faygo3.jpg

Faygo1.jpg

Faygo2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! I'm back now, so all you who missed me can stop the whinin' ;) <-- :roflmao:

I think so, now that I double-checked...man I am out of it. That's what being "out of corns" for a few months does to me I guess...lol.

I tend to use the pics on Don's website cornsnakes.net as a comparison for morphs...and I think she does look more like a Sunglow than a Hypo...

Oh, I'm gonna go ahead and shoot down the first obvious question I think I'm gonna get...YES there is a screen lid with screen locks, just not in the picture ;)

She's gorgeous... whether she's a sunglow or not, she's still an amel by definition. Congrats on your new addition!

Hey man, how you been? Glad to see you back in the world of corn snakes! Pretty new girl! With those red eyes, I'm willing to bet amel or "maybe" sunglow. The reason she may look so different could be because of a het influence or just a varioution in the morph. Pretty girl though!

Congrats on the pick up!

Wayne

I ended up going tub instead of 20L....I just like tubs so much more....
So here is her new 35qt tub...pretty basic setup, I may put another little fake foliage dealy in there but she has what she needs at this point and seems to be happy with it.
She got this setup the day after I got her, she was only in the 10 for one night...so she has had some settling in time...I was going to grab a hopper for her, but she's in blue. It's hard to tell in these pictures, but I lifted up her hide on Sunday to find a pinkish snake where my orange one used to be!

New Tub:
Faygo001.jpg

Couple of her under her hide, I don't think my camera is showing how pink she is very well:
Faygo002.jpg

Faygo003.jpg

Well just a little update...oh ya, she's at 97 grams right now...can't remember if I already said that.

-Josh

Hey Josh, great little set up! Pretty girl too, even though she has that, "How dare you bug me?" look to her. LOL!

Wayne

Back