• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Woo! Eggs! Cross your fingers!

Dorgrim

Science nerd, Art nerd
Hey all! She just finished a few hours ago last night and now I have a final egg count. Shes looking awfully tired, so i snuck in and pulled them out of the way and gave her some more moss to dig under. But! our final egg count is 19
and they are perfect little pearls, all sticking and perfect white, no stringing and no droopy ones.

She has had 2 batches before that were no good so with hope we've got some good ones :)

Here is the little lady last night at about 1 am when she had a few more to go. I ll get some more pictures of the final eggs here in a little bit!

enjoy!

DSCN2544.jpg

DSCN2542.jpg

DSCN2539.jpg

What is that you used for lay box substrate? If you say s. moss I will cry. Everywhere I go the moss is really dusty and looks more like dirt. I had to wear one of the masks I use when dying wool to keep the dust out of my face when I added water to make it moist for a lay box for my little lady. Should I just use that in the garden and give her a box with the vermiculite I got instead?

Back on topic, lovely eggs, what morph is mum? dad?

What is that you used for lay box substrate? If you say s. moss I will cry. Everywhere I go the moss is really dusty and looks more like dirt. I had to wear one of the masks I use when dying wool to keep the dust out of my face when I added water to make it moist for a lay box for my little lady. Should I just use that in the garden and give her a box with the vermiculite I got instead?

Back on topic, lovely eggs, what morph is mum? dad?

I know lots of people use vermiculite and that works just fine. I use moss because i can get it easier i like that air can circulate through it better and i use it for shedding and what not. Dusty? the kind i get come pressed and dry in a block (pretty big too) and you break it apart and add water. But it shouldnt be dusty.

In the end, between moss and vermiculite its down to personal pref or if you live in a very dry or humid environment, and how well you need it to hold water and what not.

thanks!
I'm actually pitching for a set of normals (im not a huge fan of crazy color morphs) The anery i have has some some really nice yellows and blacks and with the help of the father im looking forward to some bright pretty normals

but f-anery m-okeetee

Its my first project so im really excited that i have the time and money for the first time to really go crazy and do things right :)

Ok my "moss" doesn't look anything like that. This is beyond unfair. All that money waisted. Tuesday I will be near a petco so I will see what they have there. I really don't like the vermiculite for the laybox, its ok looking for incubating but I don't really want to put it in with my female. The other stuff once wetted down looks like a bare patch in our yard after a good rain and 4 hours of sun. Soft and fluffy, but if it dries out at all it gets all dusty :(

To keep on topic, Normals are very neat. I'm blown away by the variety in their basic colors and markings. I'm sure you will get some really nice ones, I hope your male is not het anery or you will get some of those too ;)

looks like the same moss I used in my nesting box & am using for incubating.

http://www.petco.com/product/108889/Zoo-Med-New-Zealand-Sphagnum-Moss-Reptile-Substrate.aspx

Seems to be working pretty good, its nice and clean. Only grabbed it because couldnt find vermiculite w/o fertilizer mixed in & couldnt find sphagnum in the garden supply stores *shrug*

overpriced... but pretty good stuff.

:dancer: Congrats on the eggs.

yeah thats the stuff! :) i love it!
I have a nelsons milk snake as well and as soon as shedding comes around throw some of that stuff in there and BAM skin pops right off.

sorry for double post

but!

carnivorouszoo: If! i have some surprizes i wont be disappointed at all ;P

It would be nice to see if any of them are het something :eek:

Back