• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

09 Plasma male - progression

sweet~nichole~marie

Tallulah's Mama
This is one of John's (zorro) lovely plasma males. I have had him for awhile, but have been having problems photographing him. His colors never came out right, and he also used to bite the snot out of me whenever I tried to hold him or even look at him ~LOL~ All the earlier photos were blurred shots of a gaping head coming straight at me. He used to bite me multiple times, and even tried to bite the dog. Any movement would cause him to strike.

He is getting better now. I have found that if I grab him quickly out of his bin before he has time to work himself up he is much calmer and less likely to just strike randomly at movement. He also had some strange pustule at one point, but that has healed up fine, with just some slight scarring that seems to be fading with each shed.

So, without further ado, here is Padrig, the not-quite-as-insane-as-he-used-to-be plasma! ~LOL~

Padrig6-8-104.jpg

His color is still not quite accurate, but it is pretty good in these two pics

Padrig6-8-102.jpg

He looks too yellow in this one, but it shows his saddle pattern nicely

Padrig6-8-103.jpg

This one shows his head/neck color fairly accurately

Padrig6-8-10.jpg

Oh, he's absolutely lovely!! It's amazing how much variation there is in color from one part of his body to another in that last picture.

Ow wow!! He sounds exactly like his brother Draco, Lavblood of Doom II!! I've had Draco since- last fall sometime, I guess. He was _so_ insane in his feeding bin, rattling and striking, that he just wouldn't eat, because he'd be too busy trying to kill me. So I'd just take him out, pop a pink in his mouth as he was attacking, he'd go ahead and swallow, and I'd put him back. He _just_ graduated, like two meals ago, to being able to be put in his container with a mouse and eat it without going into a frenzy!! He'd actually stopped strking at me a month or two ago, and I let my guard down. I went to get him out for feeding, and he was in his cardboard tube. Oh good, I thought! Snake Transporter!! So I covered the end with my fingers so he wouldn't go flying out on the way to the scale and SNIP! he got me!! It was so funny!! I finally got decent pics of him a couple weeks ago, outside, overcast, with soft flash, on tannish patio stone.

How much does your guy weigh? Draco is on fuzzies, about halfway to hoppers. I want to say around 55 grams, 60 grams or so.

As far as I know, he is 'just' lav-blood, not hypo. He is very light, though, isn't he? I kept telling him when he was younger "It sure is a good thing you are so pretty, because you have a nasty attitude!" ~LMAO~

Nancy - maybe John is secretly breeding for aggression, too? ~LOL~ Well, Padrig got fed in his bin, because taking him out would work him up so much he didn't want to eat. He is actually one of the smaller of all my 09's at 63g. I think it was because I wouldn't weigh him as often, so he didn't always get the right size mouse. I usually weigh each snake and prey item to make sure it is in the right range, but with him, I would flip the lid, chuck it in, and close the lid fast ~LOL~ So his weighing was a little more sporadic. (My bigger 09's are in the 80-100g range.) He eats smallish hoppers right now.

I want to take a photography class to learn about proper lightening, filters, lens, settings, etc so that I can photograph my lighter colored snakes more accurately. :)

Back