• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

-09 Ultra Bloodred

Charlie_73

I thought I would show you my little beauty.
First is when she came home in september
picture.php

In her new home
picture.php

And this is today, she was a little shy
picture.php

But then she got quorius
picture.php

Yes, the eyes are real dark on a ultra and ruby colored on a ultramel. The only sure way is breeding, if when breeding to a fire the ultra will produce all Ultramel bloods and if it's a ultramel the offspring will be half fires and half Ultramel bloods.
John

The eyes are really dark, it just looked like in the first pic of your original post I thought I saw ruby eyes. either way she is going to be a great looking corn, one of my favorites. Congrats
John

Heres the thing with ultramels.. They can drastically vary, even with eye colouration.. The only sure fire way I know how to prove an ultra from am ultramel is a test breeding against a straight up amel... From the thousands of pictures I have seen posted and from about the 500 or so ultra/mels I have seen, I could not give a definant yes or no just by looking at them, it is pretty hard to tell visually..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Ummm...

Well put Tim....
Its really only guesses at this time and I think I been breeding them long enough to see how they vary....:rolleyes:

You have a picture of grandma Steve? She was very dark ole girl, that had the darkest eyes of any ultramel I have seen..

Dark eyed ultramel...

wisteria06-29-08%284%29.jpg

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Tim and Steve are correct and to make matters worse after they get a little
older there is no way to tell from the eyes. You still have a very nice morph and test breeding either way are going to produce some really nice babies, it will be fun.
John

Back