• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1st Corn/What morph? w/pics

jitami

Hi all! I'm not entirely new to snakes, but just acquired my first corn and I'm wondering what you would call it's coloring?

Hubby's Boss: "I need to get rid of my son's snake."
Hubby: "My wife has snakes."
and presto, I have a new corn :)

Thanks! I've already enjoyed poking around the forum and I'm sure there will be more questions as I get used to my new buddy.

Tami

Suppose pictures would be good, huh? :rolleyes:

CS1.jpg

CS2.jpg

CS3.jpg

Sorry for the lack of quality... actual color is closer to the pics in the hide, but his upper body/head is somewhat lighter. Thanks again!

Thanks Wade... you guys can get confusing with all the beautiful morphs :) So this coloration is a naturally occurring one in the wild? Appreciate the info!

Already love him and can't wait for him to settle in a bit to handle him more :)

I agree with Wade, A beautiful Normal! happy to have you on the forum, way to post pics right away, we love pics :D Just a warning corns are addicting, but there a healthy addiction :D

Hubby's Boss: "I need to get rid of my son's snake."
Hubby: "My wife has snakes."
and presto, I have a new corn :)

LOL Typical guy conversation. He said "my wife has snakes" is he not into them enough to say they are "our snakes?" I ask cause my BF wants to call them our snakes, but I am the one who found them, purchased them, cleans their viv's feeds them, keeps a record for each of them and has read and learned all about them. so they are mine lol.

LOL, nope, they're all mine :) He's never liked snakes... he doesn't even know why, but tolerates my little obsession. The kids begged for the first one, a garter that had been passed around from kid to kid in our neighborhood. I felt so sorry for the little guy and once I held him it was all over :) He's still my sweet baby boy and is happy & healthy almost 8 years later. Since then I've added four more... two captive bred garter babies, one wild caught garter who needed someplace safer to stay than our driveway in the suburbs, and now this corn :) The corn wasn't on my wishlist, but he's growing on me :)

That is a very pretty normal corn! Sounds like my house, too. The snakes are all mine, and HE gets the dog.... and all exercise needs, training and clean-up that goes with her! Welcome to the forum!

He is very bright normal. I am guessing 2 -3 yrs. old? Congrats on the ne corn! My Normal is 2 and is almost Identical color to yours!

Welcome jitami! Nice to see you on here. You'll learn everything you need to know about corns on here & have lots of fun! Just don't look at too many of the pictures on here or you can find yourself with 2 or 20 more, very fast! LOL
My user name on the Thamnophis forum is Charis.

Just don't look at too many of the pictures on here or you can find yourself with 2 or 20 more, very fast! LOL

Not hard to imagine that at all! lol In fact, if they co-habitated like garters I'd already be looking for a tank mate for the new guy... still working on a name... I think I'm set on Sunny or Sonny, since he's my little springtime surprise :)

Nice 'seeing' you here as well!

Back