• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1st corn

FlaStangBabe

Elmo & Molly's Mommy
from what i have noticed is everyones first corn has been either a (regular, backyard looking snake) a snow or amel...

Just out of curiosity...What was your first snake?

me? amel named elmo...

my, first snake was a snow, then an Okeetee, then an Amel, then 2 Blizzards, then 2 Amels, and august or September, i will have a pair of Bloodreds.

This is my 4th time around keeping corns, each time it starts out with a wild caught Fla corn, Sometimes pretty, sometimes not! I always like to have the normal so I can compare the others to it :cheers:

I bought my first 2 on the same day at an expo within 20 mins of each other. #1 is my anery het amel mot 1.0 and #2 is my amel het caramel 0.1.

I added a snow about 2 months later and then got the next 4 about a year after that. They are another snow (same breeder as the first snow), a sunglow motley and anery and a ghost -all 4 are girls.

I then got my first normal this year in feb (the one who layed for me the other day) and I have an anery and a butter on breeding loans. I'm almost deffinately picking up a 1.1 pair of ghosts in 2 days and I want to pop down to Berlin to pay 'pewter' a visit and go home with a few in the bloodred/pewter department.

Where it will stop...who knows! If we end up moving back to Australia eventually, I'll have to sell up my entire collection as they're illegal there...it would be a sad day...

princess said:
If we end up moving back to Australia eventually, I'll have to sell up my entire collection as they're illegal there...it would be a sad day...

Why are they illegal in Austrialia?

Yea why are the illegal in Austalia?

Also my first corn was either a normal or okeetee, dont remember. It died after a week because the vet said it had a nervous system problem, It was the weirdest thing. THen i got an amel. I had it for a year and then gave it away when i moved. Now i have a hatchling okeetee and will soon be getting another, possibly a candy cane.

My first was a normal. I had every intention of getting an anery, but just fell in love with Sienna when I saw her.

Backyard looking like this?

This is my 1st snake, Monty. He is a normal.

Attachments

• Mar17 2.jpg
    Mar17 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
Had1nowwant1 said:
Yea why are the illegal in Austalia?

MAry-Beth is KoRny said:
Why are they illegal in Austrialia?

Can anyone out there spell Australia??? :twoguns:

They're illegal because Australia is very tight on the import of non-native species for fear of them getting out and doing damage to the land or the native animals.

Yes, we have a whole lot of nasties and bities of our own, but before 'Europeanisation', there was a pretty nice homeostasis and the predator/prey ratio and relationship worked nicely. So, rabbits were introduced for hunting, with no predators to keep them under control and luch grass/great weather, they started breeding out of control...so some very clever people decided to import Englands answer to keeping rabbits under control, the fox. -but clever fox quickly figured out that it's a lot easier to catch the slow and not so wary native marsupials for lunch and so began the Australian rabbit plague.

There are corns in Australia and if you know who to ask, you can pick up a candycane or a butter or whatever you want but it's underground like any illicit thing.

I heard last year that a kid found a dead snake on the road near Melbourne (where I'm from) and took it to the vet to ask what it was and it was an anery corn, so they are there and they are out there but the fear is that they could find themselves a niche in the ecosystem and do further harm to the balance.

I do understand the reason they're illegal and I will respect that if I move back to Australia but it will be hard to say goodbye to my snakes if and when that day comes.

princess said:
Can anyone out there spell Australia???

Sure! O-K-K-E-R. :crazy02: :sidestep:

Anyhow, Adele's response was a great summation; rabbits, foxes, and IIRC, sheep are all non-native species introduced to Australia with very unusual consequences to their ecosystem. If you like to read travelogues, I'd recommend Bill Bryson's "In A Sunburned Country" to anyone who is still "saving for a trip" to Australia.

Factoid: Eight of the top ten "most venomous" snakes are native to Australia.

Oh, and btw.....my first was an amel.

regards,
jazz

Back