• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2012 Pied clutch, Parents, and 2011 Holdbacks

exar15xe

Kevin
As some of you have noticed my 2012 Bloodred pieds have hatched. I want to post this for some background history on this project. This project began when Tammy my Wife and I met Walter Smith at the Dixie Reptile Show in Birmingham. We expressed interest in pieds and he said he had some that he was willing to part with. Too make a long story short we got Neo and Trinity from Walter. These are F1 generations from a SMR X McDonald Line crossing that he did. Neo Doesnt really display much pied markers except for a few specs of white on his head and on the lateral portion of his body. Trinity on the other had is a different story She display quit a bit more Piedness too her.

Neo and Trinity were accidentally bred in 2012 when a family member put trinity back in the wrong bin which was Neo's. At the time she weighed 250 grams. Well that first breeding took and she layed a small but all fertile clutch of six egg. I have three hold backs from that breeding.

This year I bred Neo and Trinity together and she layed 12 beautiful pearly whites and got my breath taken away when they hatched out.

Since the pied gene hasn't been nailed down yet I think this shows that the two lines are compatible. I can only hope that in further breeding, the definition of piedness increases.

I must say another Huge Thanks to Walter Smith for giving me the opportunity to purchase Neo and Trinity. It has been hard the past year and this year and this Project has made my year. My goal is to see the Piedness go all the way over like Ball Pythons and with any luck in a year or two it will become a reality.

Walter feel free to chime in If I have missed something.

First two are the parents Neo and Trinity, second Two are two of my 2011 holdbacks, after that is the start of all of the 2012 clutch. They just started into shed and Ill update the pics when they shed. Some were worms just would not stay still lol.

Attachments

• 100_5589.JPG
    100_5589.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 487
  • 100_5594.JPG
    100_5594.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_5598.JPG
    100_5598.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 487
  • 100_5611.JPG
    100_5611.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 100_5593.JPG
    100_5593.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Here is some more

Attachments

• 100_5627.JPG
    100_5627.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_5620.JPG
    100_5620.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 484
  • 100_5617.JPG
    100_5617.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 486
  • 100_5644.JPG
    100_5644.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_5604.JPG
    100_5604.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 479
Some more :)

Attachments

• 100_5631.JPG
    100_5631.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_5609.JPG
    100_5609.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_5646.JPG
    100_5646.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_5636.JPG
    100_5636.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 100_5639.JPG
    100_5639.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 482
Wow! I can't wait to see post-shed pictures!

Thanks I cant wait either.

Oh my, I do love this years babies, esp the bottom keeper :)

Yeah She is ridiculous. Thanks

Love the last one! Very Extreme! :crazy02:

I know!!!! :D I am very pleased with her. Thanks

Very nice stuff Kevin, :)

Thanks Chris bout time I get something nice.

Very nice. Great choice for a keeper.

Thanks she will get us one step closer to pied balling cornsnakes.

Oh they are so pretty!

Thank you their beauty is going to really come out with the first shed!!! :D cant wait.

Walter feel free to chime in If I have missed something.

You pretty much covered it Kevin and again, another huge congrats on producing some outstanding looking Pied-Sideds.

I will ad this, we will see again this year what comes from the breeding of (male) McDonald X (female) SMR. I did that breeding again this year with two totally different breeders.........see pic. The male is a High Expression, the female a Low Expression.

Just a reminder, the breeding that Neo and Trinity came from yielded 50% visual Pied-Sideds, which by theory is more than a het breeding.....of 25% ;)

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Attachments

• McD Pied-Sided Blood X SMR Pied-Sided Blood (DF80).jpg
    McD Pied-Sided Blood X SMR Pied-Sided Blood (DF80).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 162
Thanks

Hopefully I will its going to cost around 300 if I vend or 200 if I don't. Not including gas to get there. If I can get some presales that would guarantee me to go. Of coarse I would bring my keeper holdbacks to display :)

sounds like a plan i am not sure what my next girl will be. right now i am looking into alot of combinations maybe salmon snow stripes .. i just need the snow stripe or messing with creating a salmon lavender snow :) or even a salmon pied corn :) but my babies got some growing to do first. hope fully come repticon i will have plans

You guys are gonna have these things solid white in a few generations at this rate! Wow, di line breeding the higher white ones seem to pass on as a line trait within the recessive gene? One would think so, but clearly a low expression parent can throw some amazing babies.

Back