• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

20gal Tank?

Inked_lil_girl

Is a 20 gallon tank a good size for a corn?
I sometimes check this webpage called Craig list and it’s by city and people can post stuff they are getting rid or selling all kinds of random stuff. Someone on their has tanks of all sizes (gallon) and is offering .50cents a gallon. I was thinking that’s a very good deal and I wanted to get Vito a good tanks and paying 1o for a 20gallon tanks would be a steal. ( seeing how then I have to pay 7-14 for a lid, then 14+ for a UTH) I have extra bedding and a extra hides that are to small for Ziggy but still good for Vito.

A corn can spend its entire life in a 20 gallon "Long" tank. Should be no problem, and 50 cents a gallon is a very good deal.

regards,

jazz

well I'm not to sure what he had, i do hope they are long. He said the biggest one he has is 3.5 feet long. which is 50gallon. I don't need one that big, even if it would be a steal at only 25 bucks!just right now I have a wonderful spot for a 20gallon.

Howdy!

You can always buy the 55 gallon, then divide it in half until one is big enough to enjoy the whole thing. Or if one is bigger, 1/3 & 2/3. It is a good deal.

yes! get the 55!! the cheapest i can find Tanks around here are about 1$ per gallon still good deal tbh :)

Even if it's a 20 tall, it will be adequate for many years. I've got several 3 footers in 15 and 20 talls and they have plenty of room :cheers:

I would get the 50 gallon but I have no room for a tank that big. I’m gonna go with the 20 it’s over all a good deal and a good size.

What are you going to use for heat control on your uth? That's always something to consider and add in when costing out new vivs... It sucks when the stupid heater is $15 then you have to pay $60 or more for a thermostat..

I know you can build your own rheostat for ten or fifteen, but well...

Anyway congrats on finding the great deals!

Rebecca

Yeah that is one more thing to get but I do have bedding and hides and a water dish. I’ll just have to look around to find the best deal on a thermostat

well very nice deal indeed.. mabey consider picking up the 55gal and putting it in storage for future use. :grin01:

I have a possibly dumb question, yet related to this topic...

I think that the term "20 gal. long tank" is more frequently used in the States. Here almost every 20 gal. you find is 24" x 12" x 16" can you tell me what the measurements of a "long" tank are?

Rebecca

Back