• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

26 eggs!!

Thanks Nanci and Shenzi.

The hook up was a mix of 3 male(amel, butter and anery stripe o ghost stripe) to 1 female(snow).
The pics:
180413_183730145002126_100000954255899_392560_2507630_n.jpg
180454_182580241783783_100000954255899_384547_3890294_n.jpg

Some times the female may retain a mix of sperm from all of the dads thus giving you a greater mix of color morphs when the hatchlings come along.

No unfortunately not. With the female being snow, assuming no other hets, she would produce amels with the amel male and butter male but only the butter male babies could possibly be het caramel. Of course you wouldn't know which amels belonged to which dad.

The ghost would produce all aneries. Now heaven forbid the ghost is het amel and the amel and butter are het anery, and you get snows, oh you would have no idea where to being on who's the daddy. I really hope I didn't confuse anyone with my rambling.

last year, i thought it might be interesting to use multiple males on one female. i wound up having one girl bred one time each to 2 different males, because the first one wouldn't ever breed her again and I didn't think she'd have any fertile eggs. well the few eggs that hatched i could not determine what the babies were! so this year, and the future, all one daddy clutches! eggs look great thought...congrats!

Back