• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

55 gallon tank okay for a corn?

Siren

So I have a 55 gallon tank. It is long and tall. If I put enough foliage in it for cover, do you think a corn snake would like it? It would allow ample space for it to spread out, but the tank isn't very wide.

he/she should love the cage i have mine in a 55 gallon long and he seems to like it just fine as long as its not a baby
if its a fairly young snake i would suggest to get a small plastic tank till he/she get longer and older

55 is great for an adult, but you really need the floorspace, not the height. You might try turning the tank on it's side and have a front opening door on it. I did this with a couple of 20 gl. tanks when I didn't have a high enough shelf to put them in the normal way. The sliding lid just slid up instead of across the top. Worked fine.

Its a baby that I am getting later this month. She is in a 10 gallon tank right now

If it's a baby I would advise using something much smaller than a 55 gallon tank (as Ilovecorns suggested). Babies aren't comfortable with large amounts of room. They feel better protected in smaller enclosements. I had one of my babies in a 10 gallon and she seemed ok but now that I've moved her into a smaller plasic container she seems much more active and comfortable (maybe im reading to much into it but she's out and about much more now and I corelate that to more confidence in her environment). If you go through with using a 55 gallon tank, Place as many hides in there as possible to help your snake feel comfortable. Enjoy!

aye turn it on its side if its not wide enough, i did that with my tank, made a good tank great, just make sure its a sliding lide otherwise it'll be a waste of time

55 is great for an adult, but you really need the floorspace, not the height. You might try turning the tank on it's side and have a front opening door on it. I did this with a couple of 20 gl. tanks when I didn't have a high enough shelf to put them in the normal way. The sliding lid just slid up instead of across the top. Worked fine.

Great solution!! I love it!

Back