• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

70 Days still no hatching!!

WAS1

My eggs have now been incubating for 70 days at 82-83 degrees.
18 eggs, all look good, but not one has hatched.
This is my 4th year breeding, but i`ve never waited this long, is this normal?
Anyone else had to wait this long??

Many breeders have been saying that their clutches are taking longer than usual to hatch this year. My first one started pipping at day 81, but I'm also incubating at lower temps, so you can't go by me.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68680

Don't despair, I had the same thing; incubation temps right around 81-83 the whole time. Finally pipped on day 81. Never ever gone that long before. I think this has been a bizarre breeding season for a lot of people. No idea what's going on, but it seems everyone has been a little more frustrated/perplexed than past years. Though I might just be making this up in my head...

Thank goodness! Mine hatched earlier than normal. Usually mine are 64-69 days incubating at 82-80 degrees for those times. This year with the snake room staying in the low 80's, my eggs incubated at 81-84 degrees and hatched out on day 58. As far as an odd year, this has been. First time I've bred a snake I didn't brumate. Set everything back and made it difficult to get them to breed. Also had egg binding for the first time. Passed them eventually without incident, but weird none the less. I also had infertile eggs for the first time. Coincidently it was from the non-brumated female who I had bred to a young male. I'm hoping something will come out of the eggs.

I'm only on day 64 and I have no fingernails left!! I'm trying to resist the temptation to check on them more than once a day but its tough!! They are getting softer though and I'm getting movement when candling!!

My eggs are starting to dent. I've got 5 more days until day 59...we'll see if they hatch early like the other clutch...somehow, because I want to see these babies so much...they won't.

I guess the lesson here is PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE! I wonder how many babies have been lost because someone gave up on them too soon. Way to hang on, everyone!

My eggs are starting to dent. I've got 5 more days until day 59...we'll see if they hatch early like the other clutch...somehow, because I want to see these babies so much...they won't.

Our eggs sound like they're on the same schedule. My het Lav Blood layed her eggs 5/13. The ones on the bottom started denting yesterday, day 54.

LavBloods! You think I'm anxious?!? :crazy01:

I'll bet you are. I'm anxious because I'm interested to see if this female really is het for lav or hypo. I really have no idea. The other thing is that the male was quite young and she's not that big for her age, so I'm just hoping for a few normal healthy babies at this point!

It has indeed been a VERY strange year. Over 3 weeks since Friday the 13th pre lay sheds (both my gravid girls) and STILL no eggs for me. Going a bit crazy here...

Well surprise surprise Electra double clutched and gave me another 12 eggs (10 of them look good, 2 slugs) and I only bred her once and she hasn't been in contact with the male since... I didn't think she was gravid again they were a total suprise!

Day 66... eep... I just wish the bloody things would hatch!! Its my first time breeding so I'm especially anxious!

17 of the 18 eggs hatched by day 76.
Best hatching ratio i`ve had.
There probably the biggest hatchlings i`ve had do.
No harm waiting.
Still can`t understand why they took so long though.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the longer the incubation, the larger the babies. Last year's babies that went 69 days were much, much larger than this years batch that hatched out in 58 days.

Back