• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

9 days no poop! que pasa?

cosmiclandscaping

Prime Minister of Hyrule
My juvenile corn hasn't pooped since I fed him 9 days ago...the conditions in the viv are normal. I'm getting worried now.

Any experience with this? What should I do? When can I feed him next?

Or sometimes the poop is very well hidden. I've found them in places like under the water bowl or hiding in the middle of a fake plant. Other times it is just under the substrate completely and I can't find it until I take all of it out.

Thank you guys for the feedback!
I don't think he's going to shed anytime soon his eyes look normal..
My corn is a couple of months old how big of a poop am I looking for?

Oh. Wow yeah that's tiny. Although I cant say I've ever seen hummingbird poop lol
I already checked a million times but I guess I'll keep checking.

Thank you guys for the feedback!
I don't think he's going to shed anytime soon his eyes look normal..
My corn is a couple of months old how big of a poop am I looking for?
Can't always judge them oncoming sheds by the eye change. That's such a brief period in the entire process. As others have said, my money is on about to shed or you missed it. Try checking around the edges and corners of the enclosure again. Or in or under and hides or water dishes.

Or it might not have pooped yet. There's no real set amount of time after a feeding a snake will poop.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean out the entire viv and look for poop and sheds.
This will also give me a chance to wash everything again

And even if you don't find it (there may have been such a small amount that you wouldn't see it) just keep on your usual feeding schedule (unless you know he is in blue) and see what happens.

Since he is small, line the viv with paper towels, that way you can easily tell if he has or hasn't pooped.

So I cleaned out the entire viv and found nothing.
Its been almost 2 weeks so I fed him again and he ate immediately.
Smigon I took your advice and replaced the aspen shavings with paper towels.
Well see how it goes.

That's one of the main reasons many will keep babies on paper towels until a certain age/size. Makes it a LOT easier to monitor stuff like that.

Back