• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A Completely Random Tale

Legato-Miko

I feel so happy over a recent event that I just have to share. Ahem.
My mother frequently has friends over from her work, and every time, they will stand by the cages of my three little scaled darlings and say uneasily "What's in there?" or even "Is it alive?" (as if I would keep reptile carcasses in my tanks...). Several times, I have been allowed to take them out to try and educate these terrified ladies, but it has all been in vain...until now, that is! You see, about a week ago (maybe longer, I don't remember), one of my mother's friends came to help with some heavy-duty housework (my father was away in Bosnia at the time), and instead of being out-and-out scared, she actually wanted to hold my yearling male. After she did that WITHOUT twitching, wincing and shaking - a first! - she asked if I had interesting resources about my kind of snake. Needless to say, I whipped out my (worn-down, dog-eared) handy-dandy copy of the Corn Snake Manual and then proceeded to have her stand behind me as I gave her a "tour" of the South Mountain Reptile and Serpenco sites. She went away curious, and lo and behold, just a while ago she called to say that she had purchased a baby corn! I've been bringing my snakes to my classrooms for a few years now, and NEVER had anyone respond in such a positive way! When hearing about how some lunatics want to ban all constrictors and other such crap frequently these days, it sure is nice to know that there are a few kindly souls out there willing to open their minds a little. :cheers:

congrats i think people need to take the time to listen and understand well done again

stuart said:
Well Done, thats another soul for cornsakes.com to swallow. lol.:cheers:
I checked the site and it said,"specified server not found." Hm... but it's really great to hear that you were able to add another person into our nation of everyday people and their corns.

Wonderful!! I have a lady that comes in to clean a couple of times a month, and she just found out that there were snakes in those vivs. Usually the room is closed, and I don't have her touch it. She wasn't too freaked out by the snakes, and she thought that Maya was very pretty. I told her all about them, and although I don't think she loves them (she was actually bitten by a rattlesnake in Mexico as a child), she wasn't running screaming from the house either. She seems perfectly o.k. with idea, and I told her that she wouldn't bother them if she cleaned in there.

That's awesome! I do try to educate people about herps (esp snakes, which people seem to have more qualms about) whenever I can, but I'm usually not so sucessful as you've told about. I'm still working on my mom being comfortable/not hateful about snakes. she is getting there.. slowly...

Back