• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A few of my Vivs, Habitats

ReptiHabitat

StyroFoam Artist
This is something I do in my spare time for my reptiles. Right now im working a a entire wall in my office. The size is 10ft across by 8ft High and 3ft deep. It has a waterfall with a pound in it and i have a lot od driftwood pieces and bark for the inside with lots of natural rock to make more caves out of.

Attachments

• 55gl 1.JPG
    55gl 1.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 55gl 2.JPG
    55gl 2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 55gl 3.JPG
    55gl 3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 125gl1.jpg
    125gl1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 186
Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful! You are an artist. I better not show this to my snake, he'll be like, "Why can't my cage be that nice?" Ha ha, the most custom thing in my cage is a toy crocodile and a paper towel role.

Very nice job, do you use styrofoam?also what do you use to create the rock texture?I've wanted to try this as well but have been afraid of chemicals and toxins in adhesives and any groute or mortar used...?

I do use styrofoam. I am lucky enough to have a styrofoam factory around the corner from my house and they can make it any size up to a 8ft by 4ft sheet 4ft thick if i needed it.
I use a mixture of Vinyl patch cement and sand and the first 2 coats I mix in a acrylic hardener to strengthen it. Then I coat it about 5 more times with just vinyl patch and sand mixture. I made a spray gun that I use to spray the bigger ones with. I always spray the whole thing down over and over again between coats to pull out the lye in the cement.
After letting it finally harden for a week or so I coat the entire thing in a 2 part resin sealer and then start airbrushing and painting on the details with non toxic paints add fake plants and then let it sit for another few weeks before putting any reptiles in it. I have even made them for fish tanks.
I have been doing this for over 3 years and have never had any problems with any reptiles or fish. They are all healthy as can be and the snakes love it because come shed time they use the wall to help them shed. Lizards have fun chasing the crickets in and out of the caves and cracks.
Right now I am building a huge 10ft by 8ft cage in my office wall with a waterfall pond in it.

And when glueing strofoam together or the whole thing to the tank I use GE silicone 1 (clear) and not the stuff with antimicrobial antifungus in it. stay away from that.

Sweet set ups. Do you own any Poison Dart Frogs? If not it seems like something you'd be really into. People create similar natural enclosures for their PDFs, live plants and mini ecosystem included. It's pretty awesome, not only do you own the frogs, but you also have a small little chunk of rain forest in your living room!

Great work.

Wow I love it, I've been thinking about trying to do something like this, but I haven't had the courage to try it yet, good work!!!!

Those are gorgous!! I wish you could make a habitat for my uromastyx!! LOl...I'm just really not happy with how his tank came out with my design..lol..Very good work with yours! :0)

Thank you. I thought about some PDF's but all the ones that I like are a few hundred a piece a few were really expensive and I cant let myself spend that much money on something I know nothing about. Once I have the time I will research then till I read and know everything I can about them and then I'll buy some.

Back