• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A few questions..

Jenn

Sorry if this turns out to be a bit long.
I haven't been on this forum since high school (some years ago), and was very pleased to see it's still active!
I had a corn snake, she was my first ever snake, and you all were so helpful back then I decided to come here for advice! Unfortunately I had to give away my baby when I left for college, as I was going to be living in the dorms and all pets were strictly forbidden.

Anyway, fast forward 7 years and here I am browsing this forum again, and desperately wanting to get another corn!

I have some questions though--I will definitely be moving in a year for an internship. My internship will be a year long then I may or not be moving again. I very much want to buy a baby corn and raise him/her myself. Considering I'm looking at one definite move in a year from now, and possibly another move the year after that would it be appropriate to get a snake? I will be moving driving distance (no flying)--if that matters. I know a move will cause a lot of stress on a snake, should I just hold off until I'm set in my career? Or would a move once a year for 2 years not be such a big deal?

Assuming I decide to go ahead and get one, where do you all recommend looking? I definitely don't want to go to a big pet store chain. I also would want to get a specific color variation of my choosing. It seems most people posting on here with corns for sale are mainly selling them for breeding purposes and are frankly out of price range. Besides reptile expos (ones in my rural area are basically nonexistent) where should I begin my search?

Sorry for this being so long, and any opinions are welcome! If I need to wait 2 more years I will, I definitely don't want to cause any unnecessary harm to my future pet!

I don't know about how much stress moving will cause a snake to go through. Guessing, I would say it couldn't be any worse than being shipped all over the country.

I think the more important questions are, will you have the time to enjoy the snake during your internship? Will you be so busy that the snake wouldn't get fed in time, or health issues go unnoticed? Those would be my concerns. I know snakes don't need as much care as say a dog, but you know they take some work. Maybe get going with the internship and see how if you even want to have the responsibility of a snake at the same time.

I'm guessing here, but I think the moving won't really be a problem, if you plan it right.

Now, everyone correct me, please!

Back