• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A few questions

Congrats on the new snake and happy birthday!
It looks like you have a really nice looking Anerythristic (type A) there. I really like those clean colors.
As far as sex goes, someone experienced can sex it for you, if you know such a person or can locate someone. Also, there are other methods like belly scute (scales?) counts and a way to guess based on the shape of the tail. I'm no expert on any of those methods. I'm sure there are lots of threads if you do a search for sexing snakes etc.
Or if you can throw up some good pics of the underside of the tail from a little ways above the vent down close to the tail tip, I'm sure people would be glad to take a stab at telling you what you have.

Good luck with him/her!

french6 said:
Today was my birthday and my parent's got me a corn snake. I have two questions, how do you figure out what sex it is, and what type of corn snake would I have. Thank you in advance.

http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snake8us.jpg

That would be an anerythristic cornsnake, or sometimes incorrectly referred to as 'black albinos'.

As far as the sex, it needs to be either probed or popped. A good reptile pet store can normally do either, or a reptile vet. Sexing by the tail method is risky at best with hatchlings. If you got it from a pet store I'd say the chances are more in the favor of male than female, but you never know. See if you can find someone locally to probe or pop it.

Back