• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A new contributing member gets activated when?

hardwired

Hi All!

I was attempting to find out how long before a new contributing member account is activated and much to my surprise there did not seem to be anything about that subject in the FAQ under the keywords "contributing" - which returned 0 results or under "activation" - which also returned 0 results. hmmm... perhaps this is an area of improvement? Also, anyone that has the answer to that question please let me know!!! I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Laura!

It usually doesn't take that long, depending upon how busy Rich is at the moment. I know that if you're getting a personal forum, it takes a little longer for him to get that set up.

O.K. so I thought that a little follow up was in order. The answer is MUCH faster than I thought. I expected it to take a couple of days to set it up but he he actually had it done in a couple of hours. That was really fast and if you are reading Rich, thank you very much! That was awesome. So that appears to be the answer.

Regards,

Laura

hardwired said:
O.K. so I thought that a little follow up was in order. The answer is MUCH faster than I thought. I expected it to take a couple of days to set it up but he he actually had it done in a couple of hours. That was really fast and if you are reading Rich, thank you very much! That was awesome. So that appears to be the answer.

Regards,

Laura

If you do it from the USER Cp menu, you can manually set it up right after you pay for it. All you have to do is select 'group subscriptions' and you can toggle between 'registered user' and 'insiders club subscriber'. That second option will show your coin and your name in red.

hardwired said:
Hi All!

I was attempting to find out how long before a new contributing member account is activated and much to my surprise there did not seem to be anything about that subject in the FAQ under the keywords "contributing" - which returned 0 results or under "activation" - which also returned 0 results. hmmm... perhaps this is an area of improvement? Also, anyone that has the answer to that question please let me know!!! I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Laura!

If it is done through the automated subscription plan in the User CP via PayPal it is pretty much instantaneous. The only exception is that if the payment is via an eCheck, in which case the eCheck needs to clear the banks before the proper notice is sent from PayPal to activate the membership.

But you have me confused..... If you got a contributor membership, did you do so under a different logon name? The one you used to start this thread does not show you as a contributing member.... :shrugs:

Hi Rich,

Sorry to confuse you. It figures my first question out of the gate I would do that. I helped Lee set up his account. After I did that he called me a little bit later stating he couldn't log in and since I am his technical support person (I helped him with his website, business card, ads, advised on and helped him set up his new computer and camera system and anything else he needs.) I posted this question on his behalf. After I posted the question so that I would know what to tell him for sure he called to tell me that he could log in and everything was fine. The first post I did not know what to tell him and I got his call on my answering machine. My thought at the time was that it was likely a Internet traffic jam and he just had to try again but I was cleaning cages when he called and didn't get to tell him that. My cages and computers are in the same room but not my phones. (You know how that is.) I had to be sure though hence the question. By the time I was done he had already called again and figured it out and could log in fine. On another note I will be purchasing my own contributor account as soon as my check clears. So you get two for the price of two! :grin01:

Regards,

Laura

Back