• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

a quick question

heres the rest

sorry i hit enter. anyways i had a quick question.

my female normal het opal i got from rich first bred on april 9, and several other tiems subsequently after. she shed like 25 days later. i went ahead and put the egglaying box in with her, as she is gravid, but not as swollen as i would have expected. so my question is, is she going to lay duds? did i miss the ovulation time frame? she is shedding quite early compared to other snakes i have/had have. she is definitely in nesting mode and all that good stuff but again the shed seems really early? am i worrying over nothing? it just seems early to me. perhaps she is going to take a little longer then the normal time frame to lay?

any answers i'd appreciate. it just seems like none of my females this year are following the 'rule books.'

oh yeah the 28 eggs from the big amel female of mine are doing great, i candled them last week and saw not only blood vessels but movement! :)

Later everybody
Jcam99

Well to answer your question I thought the same thing this year honestly.

Last year my female laid 13 for a first clutch and she was plainly swollen and obviously uncomfortable. This year I had serious doubts as after she shed she actually looked skinnier!

The shed this year was later than last. This past year was my first year at brumating, and she shed the day after I took her out of brumation. So I'm sure that kind of messed up the "shed schedule" for her.

I was so worried that whatever she was carrying was going to be duds, I just knew it. Well she finally laid 16 healthy eggs, not a dud in the bunch. She did lay on Day 13 post shed, which is the part that had me worried.

I guess at this point all you can do is wait it out and see. I don't think any of the corns have read the book. Mine certainly doesn't follow it. =P

Best of luck to you however, keep us posted on how she does. But I'll cross whatever I have to cross and hope that something good pops out. =)

My eggs have been cooking for 2 weeks now and I've got veins in them all, no movement that I've seen so far though. I wonder when ya start seeing that.

Back