• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A very sheepish coral snow

Schwabbelaffe

Hi,
this is my Coral Snow. It is a female and about 35cm long. I tried to take a whole body picture, but she was totally afraid of my cam.
So here she is:

She is very beautiful. Don't you love how they are outgoing until the camera comes out?

OH MY! What a gorgeous snake....I love that sharp yellow on some of her scales- it's just beautiful.......can't wait for a full body shot! :D

What a lovely little snake!! I would LOVE to see a progression thread on this one!

I believe coral snows are line bred to bring out the vivid pink color. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I see it (being european) there are two sorts of Coral Snows. The other sort is "phenotype" Corals of Don Soderberg (SMR), who's bred his own line of snows showing coral colours and then named it Coral. The other sort is "genotype" Coral Snow a.k.a. Hypo Snow. At least in Europe Hypo Snows are also called Corals. And that's very confusing.

thx for all the nice comments!

Unfortunately the term coral snow causes confusion. Some people say it is only Snow+ selective Breeding, some say hypo snow and others say Hypo Snow + selective breeding. Charles Pritzel think some coral snows could involeve a completly undiscovered gene.
Offically my Snow is a Snow hom./het hypo because the parents were snow het. hypo and ghost het amel. My breeder believes there is one diffrence between snow and hypo snow. He makes( does?) a survey and analyzes the eyes.So he sold it to me as Coral Snow.
I think she has much potential to become very pink and bright.
The most Germans accept a Hypo Snow as Coral Snow if it looks like http://www.cornsnakes.net/gallery.php?catid=2&id=66 those.

This will be a progression thread, definitely!

regards
Jan-Niklas

I'm amased at how well her pink and yellow go together. Not a combo I thought would be attractive, but she is!

I dont think ive ever seen yellow patterning like that before, I just love it. I neeeed a coral snow!! Beautiful :)

Back