• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Abbott's Okeetee vs Normal Okeetee

Dr. Zoidburg

So what's the difference? Is the Abbott's Okeetee just another locality within the locality? And do they have any definite marking differences?
Thanks,
Dennis

There are several answers you could get to this . . .

What do you mean by Okeetee? There are two answers for this:
1. Snakes from the Okeetee Hunt Club which can be bright with thick borders or just as """drab""" as any 'ole Normal corn. (Locality)
2. Snakes that have thick black borders and bright orange/red coloration regardless of locality. (Phase)

Abbott's Okeetee are named after Lee Abbott who generally produces snakes with very thick black borders and bright orange/red coloration. I'll be honest in that I'm not certain of the lineage of his lines and their relationship to the Hunt Club. I'm personally more interested in the thick black borders and bright orange/red coloration and am perfectly comfortable calling them Okeetee's.

Make sense?
D80

OK001m.jpg

OK002f.jpg

^^^What Brent said. What I know is that Lee's collection originated from a Kathy Love animal, who never claimed locality in her line of Okeetees. I've sold w/c locality animals to Lee over the years, so no doubt, there is locality blood in them. Whether he has kept a locality line without outcrossing, I do not know. He posts here form time to time, so maybe he'll answer that.

I have locality okeetees and they are pure line from the Okeetee hunt club. Technically, it can't be called an okeetee unless it's from there. I'm not sure if having some Okeetee hunt club lines in there qualifies or not. I guess people are just calling them Okeetee types now. Abbotts are gorgeous though. I still prefer the real lines, melanism and all. I think this girl is every bit as beautiful as an Abbott and she is pure lines back to the original Okeetee Hunt Club animals
acat5.jpg

I'm with ya Meg. I just always got ganged up during that argument here, so let people call anything Okeetees they want.

Back