• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

About as new as they come...

Talane

Hey there, finally coming out of the shadows after lurking through a bunch of different forums for a while.
My interest in snakes started when I was a kid, holding those huge yellow boas at kids fairs and occasionally seeing their smaller cousins in the wild. A few years ago I found a black racer in my parent's back yard, caught up in some netting we kept over our blueberry plants to keep the birds off. His head was wrapped up pretty good, and I wasn't just going to leave him there; I ran inside and got my dad's welding gloves and a small pair of scissors and then spent about half an hour getting the poor guy cut out of the net. Never once did that snake get ugly with me despite the black racer's reputation, and even when I let it go it didn't try to run away, it just kinda meandered back into the woods. I have been utterly entranced by them ever since.
I have succeeded in that my husband is finally letting me get a snake as a pet despite him not liking reptiles too much. And because we just moved to Florida from Georgia, I can get a corn! I'm not looking to breed but from what I've read, it only takes one before you change your mind...
I'm biting at the bit to order one, I have a few picked out already (if one sells, I'll go for the other). Anyone want to throw their lot in for what I'm going to get? Lets make a game of it, whoever wins gets a gold star sticker and a pat on the back! I will post pics when he or she gets here. HINT: My price range is <$100 not including the next day shipping. That should help limit it down some.

Also, you guys sure do have some interesting smilies! :grabbit:

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your husband will see how cute and interesting they are once you guys have one.

I'm going to guess that you're getting a butter.

hmmmmm... no hints?! Ok, I'm going to say a lavender. Or a blizzard... can I guess twice, or is that cheating? LOL

Aww, we don't get any hints? I'm new to Corn Snakes as well... So I'm going to guess either a Cinder or a Ghost!

My favorite morph (at least so far) is the pewter - I'll guess something in the charcoal department. Is that too general?

It's been a while, but...

I finally purchased my first corn! I just completed the checkout at SMR.
I am praying everything goes okay with the payment, with my luck lately my bank might try to get in a tiff even though the money is there.

I was going to go for an anery (and I still want to get one), but in the end the shades of silver that lavenders have as adults won me over. I love grey snakes that have that "clean" look to them.
Here he is!
SneakySnake_zps1dbec479.jpg

He's a tessera as well! Discounted because of a few spinal kinks that SMR said don't impede him. He's coming in the mail next Tuesday, I can't wait to see him!

Now I have to think of a name for him, oh boy...

Starting off with a lavender tessera is awesome! Most people don't really find out about the various morphs until after they get their first corn.

Starting off with a lavender tessera is awesome! Most people don't really find out about the various morphs until after they get their first corn.

It took me a long time to decide, that's for sure. I was dead set on a dilute anery motley until I saw that lavenders generally have less yellow as adults. Then the decision process began all over again...
Snakes in general are just too pretty not to research!

True dat! I first saw a Fire Corn and had to have that snake, once I did a bit of research I was in awe (and still am) to all the morphs and what they can produce.

While I will probably never own a Palmetto, I just want one of each of the color ranges if I can afford it or rescue it.

Great job on your first baby!

Congrats - that's a nice-looking tess! I saw that snake on Don's site, and had actually considered buying it myself. Then I came back to reality, and realized I do not need another snake, lol!

Kathy

Palmettos are beautiful, if I had to pick a base color it would probably be a butter, and the snake would be named "Popcorn".
Oh the corn jokes... It was tempting to name this guy Cornelius but the name Julian won out. Not quite as "corny" haha.
We'll see how long he's a lone snakebaby, I think one will be a handful for a while though. Plus an apartment can only handle so many snakes!

Back