• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

About ultra

Maru

I can´t find information about ultrahypos anywhere.
Where did that morph came from? Who bred it first? How do the colors change when it matures? How does it differ from other hypos visually?

Thanks.

There is a wealth of information on this site about the ultra(hypo) and genetics. If you go here I used the search feature to search for "ultra". It's easier to look this way than it is to try and explain everything at once.

~Katie

Believe me, I have used the search feature more than once.. :( Oh well, maybe I`ll try again. Thanks anyway.

Ultra is a hypo like gene that is codominant with amelanism at that locus. When paired with any other gene, or by itself, it acts as a single recessive gene.

The look as babies is not really all that different from standard Hypo A's.

I'm not totally sure about who first produced it or not.

Back