• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

acceptable time to poop

Cora

I was just wondering do you find that your adult corns talk longer to poop than the younger ones? and how long if they don't poop should I start to worry? Can constipation be a sign of more serious problems?

I have an adult corn whom I fed a hopper to ( I was cleaning out the last of the freezer, she normally would have adult mice) over a week ago and haven't seen sign of defecation. I plan to bath her in warm water tonight and see the results. She is a new addition to my collection, should I be concerned with a possible problem?

Thank you
Cora

My corn is eating fuzzies and he seems to poop 48 hours after eating. However, mine is not full grown. There was recently a very similar thread about an adult corn not pooping a week after eating. I think we all came to the conclusion that his corn wasn't pooping because he was getting ready to shed. Is yours in blue at all? If not, try warm water... I heard it works wonders.

I gave her a warm bath and nothing happened. But since yesterday was feeding day I decided to feed her as normal and she ate an adult mouse no problem.
She did shed about 2 weeks ago. so for her age I think that it will be a while before the next shed.

I have another adult corn who regualarly poops 4-5 days after feeding. So I wonder if it depends on the snake?

Remember that warm to us is hot to them! The water should be more close to room temperature than warm. We are very hot blooded beasties.
Some corns, especially older ones poo every week. I wouldn't worry, or expect them to poo after just 48 hours.
Cheers!

i fed my 11 month old and the next day he went into blue and it has been 7 days now and he has not deficated, is that because he is in blue? i am going to try the warm water thing tonight.

abdurham said:
i fed my 11 month old and the next day he went into blue and it has been 7 days now and he has not deficated, is that because he is in blue? i am going to try the warm water thing tonight.
I have an adult female who has at times, gone almost 2 weeks without pooping. But guess what, it eventually shows up. It's not uncommon for a pre-shed snake to wait until after the shed. Sometimes it's better for us not to interfere and just let nature take its course.

Just my $0.02.

Well After the feeding Last Weekend, it took 8 days after that for her to poop.

I know she isnt going to shed because she shed about 3 weeks ago. The temps in my viv are ok for her, but she doesnt spend much time on the warm side.

It would seem that she is just a long digester!

Back