• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Adhesive tape accident - will be ok?

Matheus Garrido

Hey!
last sunday my snake got stuck on a tape that I used to close tightly his viv. It was a huge mistake and I underestimate his capacities of find trouble lol.
To take him out of the tape I used warm water until the tape lose the glue. He got out by himself slowly and swimmed a little.

So, he ate at the very next day and he's drinking water, I guess.
A lot of scales are up and he doesn't get out of the hide, even at nights, when he likes to do it. Does it hurt? Can I do something for him?

I don't know for certain, but they often shed in response to things like what you describe. His behavior may indicate he's going into blue.

He should be fine. The scales should go back to normal after his next shed. The fact that he was willing to eat most likely means that he's feeling fine.

Yes, they can shed again sooner if it is needed for repairs to the skin. I'm not sure how significant the injury needs to be before they start doing this, but I know it's possible.

Wow, I don't knew that they body could be so... functional. That's so cool!

I hope he shed sooner, because I'm worried if he's feeling any pain...
Thanks for the answer!

Back