• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Adult Amelanistics

James Beres

School Teacher
I have a hatchling Amelanistic corn corn. I was wondering what it should look like when it is an adult. I mean what should I expect to see as far as color change?

Now that's an open question!

It totally depends on what she looks like now. Post us a pic and we'll be able to tell you more.

Mine was more pink/red as a baby but has got more orange with age. Generally the yellow pigment becomes more prominent with age, but as princess said we really can't tell you! I'm not sure even with a picture anyone could say for definite what it would look like.

Isn't that half the fun, though?

Show me some of yours then.

Thanks for the help, it makes me even more excited to see the changes as they come. I think my students will be excited also. Anyway, I know that mine will look different but show me some of your pics as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 50
Here's the best I could come up with. I got this guy in December 03, as a hatchling. The first pic was taken around Feb of 2004 and the second pic was taken at the end of August 2005. I don't expect a whole lot of color change :cheers:

Ok

Different patterns, but as a juvi, mine had pretty much the same colour scheme, if you like.

1 & 2 - he's about 3 years old here
3 - more recently (6 years)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 46