• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Adult will not eat

lucia

I have a striped female, I think she is 6 years old, she hasen´t ate since june last year!
She is very big and have always been that way, haven´t lost a pound. Very alert, and nothing is wrong besides her appetite. :/

I don´t know what to do, she doesn´t show ANY interest in food what so ever. :shrugs:

stripaad.JPG

Oh my god this seems to be a phenomenom
Everyone is going through this now...
Mine is exactly the same thing... he is active and all but he is not eating
I just started weighing him to see if he is loosing any weight but to me he seems like he hasnt.

Yes it´s very strange, I have NEVER had a cornsnake acting this way before! :)
I thought she would be very thin when she stopped eating, but no...hmm...

look at the number of threads starting about their corns not eating..
this is really strange

Since we are all tryign to get to the bottom of this by trying to find a method to make them eat again

I think if someone has a successful story.. they should post it
Someone should make a thread on what to do if your snake goes on hunger strike because soooooooooooo many people need to find answers...

The cornsnakes are quite obviously using this as a conspiracy against us, it's all a plot to take over the world. First, they get us addicted, then hunger strikes.. what next?!

..Actually, I dunno.

What have you tried?

A forum member that goes by diamondlil has posted a topic that is extremely long entiled "the saga continues...". Search for this topic. It is absolutely loaded with detailed information about feeding picky snakes, and methods to get the snake interested in feeding. It is long, and takes quite some time to read it all...but it is absolutely LOADED with good information regarding the feeding of fussy snakes as well as some inspiration that will give you hope if your snake seems to be a "lost cause".

I highly recommend it as a place to start...

Cursed_Witch said:
Oh my god this seems to be a phenomenom
Everyone is going through this now...

I think it has to do with the time of the year. My yearling male refused his first meal today, and my yearling BP has refused the last two. Eventually, they do start eating again. I just keep offering food every few weeks, and try not to worry about them.

Lucia, if your snake still looks that big after 7 months with no food, I think she will be just fine.

Back