• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

African Fat Tail info?

DaGiant

DaBig Guy retired to MS
I won a contest and am being shipped an African Fat Tailed Gecko
next week.!.
I am getting the set up ready for when it gets here, but
while doing my homework on them I get conflicting care info.
Where or what is the best info for them?

Thanks

I keep them exactly like leopard geckos, 90-75 temp gradient, just with a bit higher humidity. I mist the enclosure every other day or so, whereas I almost never need to with leos. Just watch for shedding problems, especially be sure to check the toes. They temp/sex out in incubation just like leos, so most sold in the pet trade should be females. Like with leo's males will fight viciously. There are a bunch of care sheets that can be Googled, I didn't see any that had conflicting info or brought much to question.

Back