• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

after dark lighting......?

stroodsue

Hello!!!

My George (amel corn) lives in my bedroom, some evenings I sit up there and watch tv.

With him being essentially albino would it be advisable for me to have a red bulb or simply a lower watt bulb in my light fitting (the room light fitting)? so as not to give him too much glare??

Thank you

Sue xxxx

It's no big deal really...I would suggest not falling asleep and leaving it on all night because snakes do need a light cycle...but keeping it on for a few hours while watching tv is no biggie....if anything maybe get a small lamp for a bedside table? That would give you enough light to see, but wouldn't be a big problem even if it was left on overnight.

Hope this helps!

I got these cool led red lights from IKEA. they are kinda pricey but you get 4 strips that are 10-11" long that you can stick on in the tank. A very low watt red bulb on top might work, so it's not emitting much heat. The great thing with the LED is that they don't put much heat out at all. I love mine. I'm gonna have to get another pk b/c I'm getting 2 new vivs. That allows me to be able to watch the snakes too :) Check ebay if you don't have an Ikea around - they are called Ikea dioder the ones I have are strips and you can adjust the color spectrum but I keep it on red.

Back